Best way to end an auction early?

stackables

A seller and I arranged a price outside of ebay for an item.  The item already has a couple of bids.  We still plan on going through ebay and I was wondering the best way to end the auction with the agreed upon price?  Would the best way for him to just put a "best offer" option?  Can he still do that with bids?  Any other options?

I am the buyer in this case.  I will see if he can add a best offer.

depends on the current highest bid, and how much longer until the auction ends, it may not work.

it's simple because even though the buyer put a agreed upon price, then the next second somebody else can bid on it

• Like 1

I agree, the seller has to end the auction and then relist it.

He may tick off other people, typically not cool to do that when there are bids on something.

But it can be done and take the heat of negative emotions.

I do not do that, if it has a bid I let it play out.

If they list an item for you, have them list it ridiculously high, like list a $100 lego set for $1,000 with a make offer.

then you make the offer on what you would pay that you have agreed on and they accept.

That helps guarantee that just you will get the deal.

But I do not recommend him ending the auction and canceling.

• Like 1

The seller cancels the bids, which they are entitled too. The seller then ends the auction using "end auction early form" which includes the reason such as "no longer available. The seller should then tell you what time he will relist the item (although that is the way still within eBay) and then you buy it.

• Like 1