Ebay Bucks - Is The Promotion Hidden or Was I Just Blind?

legodelorean

Hello everyone.  I just signed up for ebay bucks since it was mentioned by another member here and I had no idea what it was.  I have bought and sold on ebay for years (not Lego) and had no idea this promotion existed.  I never noticed a green "bucks" icon next to the "Bill Me Later" icon that is above the shipping info on the auction pages.  It seemed like it popped up on auctions once I signed up.  Is it me and has this happened to anyone else?  Have I just been blind and not noticed it before?  How old is this promotion? 

I didn't see a topic like this under the ebay Marketplace postings so I do apologize if this topic has already been covered.

$1000+ ? It is only a 2% incentive :D How many of those 100s of transactions actually deserved negative feedbacks ?

Lol I have only left negative feedback twice. Being a seller myself for a long time, I give people TONS of chances to do right. I haven't ever left too many low ratings.

Most buyers on Ebay are good people. They make mistakes, etc., but most are good people.

Lol I have only left negative feedback twice. Being a seller myself for a long time, I give people TONS of chances to do right. I haven't ever left too many low ratings.

Most buyers on Ebay are good people. They make mistakes, etc., but most are good people.

They are. I have been using eBay since 2000 and could count the bad deals on 1 hand. I just wanted someone other that the frog to say good things about eBay ;)

On a side note, I just realized my eBay account is more than old enough to join BP. I feel old :D

They are. I have been using eBay since 2000 and could count the bad deals on 1 hand. I just wanted someone other that the frog to say good things about eBay ;)

On a side note, I just realized my eBay account is more than old enough to join BP. I feel old :D

lol.

Yeah I definitely go back and forth on Ebay in my messages.

In reality, I think Ebay is the best marketplace in terms of UI, traffic, and options. I think the people on Ebay are great.

However, Ebay is greedy, they aren't feedback oriented, they are slow as can be and fixing and implementing changes and will be damned if they apologize or fix anything. And most importantly, they don't reinvest the money they make into actually making the site better quickly which in turn makes them more money indirectly.

Instead they invest money into what directly makes them more money. Its an understandable approach, but one that irritates me. They could do so much more with their UI, have so many more options and abilities and probably attract and dominate the marketplace (in reality Amazon could as well for that matter). But they don't.

lol.

Yeah I definitely go back and forth on Ebay in my messages.

In reality, I think Ebay is the best marketplace in terms of UI, traffic, and options. I think the people on Ebay are great.

However, Ebay is greedy, they aren't feedback oriented, they are slow as can be and fixing and implementing changes and will be damned if they apologize or fix anything. And most importantly, they don't reinvest the money they make into actually making the site better quickly which in turn makes them more money indirectly.

Instead they invest money into what directly makes them more money. Its an understandable approach, but one that irritates me. They could do so much more with their UI, have so many more options and abilities and probably attract and dominate the marketplace (in reality Amazon could as well for that matter). But they don't.

I cannot disagree with your points. Although doing things just for short term gains is a classic move by S&P 500 companies, so eBay is not unique in that regard.

I sorta made my peace with eBay's shortcomings some time ago. I know if I think too much about it I get upset (just like when I posted on the storeroom thread yesterday, for example) ;)