At what date did Lego start stamping minifigure feet?

uterbrauten

I was wondering when this started.  Specifically, I have been buying what I was told were authentic Batman and related minifigures off of ebay.  I have had no real reason to doubt anything until I got 2 from the same year: a 2006 Gray/Black Batman, and a 2006 Nightwing.  The Batman does not have a foot stamp, but Nightwing does.  I'm wondering if the Batman legs are not genuine, or if the Nightwing ones were newer legs added to an older torso (or a counterfiet one).  Does anyone have any info on when this practice started, and/or if all authentic parts have a stamp (or if it depends on location of production)?  Thanks.

Which batman are you referring to?  I have a couple and could check.  I also have Nightwing.  I believe the lego logo can be found in several places.  Not totally positive though.  Sometimes it is a pain to find.

It's the Batman from set 7779.  I'm thinking the nightwing legs may just be newer (which annoys me and draws the validity of the torso into question)and Batman's are pre-foot stamping.  If that's the case, I do have some black legs from pre-2000's set I caould always use to make it more authentic.

I don't see any lego logo on the feet for the batman fig.  The logo is between the leg/hip pegs though.  His cowl has a 1 on the inside.   I can't seem to find any logo on the torso.  Have you compared the figs to pictures online?

Thanks for checking!  I will check the figure when I'm home but I have a feeling it's jsut like yours.  As for pictures, i was having trouble finding ones detailed enough.  Does the Nightwing have a foot stamp?

Where is the foot stamp suppose to be?  The only markings I saw on the legs were inside them all the way down at the base, a number 10 and 4 is stamped there.

I gues for some of the newer figures, there is alego logo printed on that small part on the underside of the foot as well as on the hip joint, parallel to the two connectors.  For older figures, it just appears on the hip joint, but perpendicular to the two connectors.  Newer figures also seem to have very light stamps on each inner arm, while older do not.  Both older and newer however seem to have a logo on the head peg on the torso. 

Based on all this, I think the Batman is genuine, as is teh Nightwing, however his legs were not original from the time of producion.  They are newer.  The head, hair, and torso though seem authentic, so I jsut put some older black legs I had on the torso instead to make it accurate.  Thanks for your help.