Moderator Positions and Updates

Nice avatar Mos_Eisley! I keep meaning to getting around and make my own, but I always seem to find something else to do.....like what I'm doing right now.

Anyway, I don't know about you guys, but I'm overwhelmed with all the different options available! And not quite sure what all of them mean or how they work exactly. Like the 'extra' options at the bottom of the "New Topic" page ("Make this a sticky post" or "Set post status to closed"), what exactly will those do? I do not want to click something thinking it will do something helpful when instead it creates ARMAGEDDON!!! ....Okay maybe not that but you get my drift.

Hey, Jeff. How about a 'help file' thread for us moderators?

(or in laymen's term "Modding for Dummies")

• 2 weeks later...

Nice avatar Mos_Eisley! I keep meaning to getting around and make my own, but I always seem to find something else to do.....like what I'm doing right now.

Anyway, I don't know about you guys, but I'm overwhelmed with all the different options available! And not quite sure what all of them mean or how they work exactly. Like the 'extra' options at the bottom of the "New Topic" page ("Make this a sticky post" or "Set post status to closed"), what exactly will those do? I do not want to click something thinking it will do something helpful when instead it creates ARMAGEDDON!!! ....Okay maybe not that but you get my drift.

Hey, Jeff. How about a 'help file' thread for us moderators?

(or in laymen's term "Modding for Dummies")

Would you want this to be a private thread or available to all members?

Would you want this to be a private thread or available to all members?

When I made that post, I was so new to the experience and wasn't sure what I was doing. After a while of this & that, I believe now I have a good grasp of how everything works basically. I wouldn't mind a little better explanation of some of the features though. If you think a thread for just us 'modmen' is a good idea, then I would vote to make that a private one.

When I made that post, I was so new to the experience and wasn't sure what I was doing. After a while of this & that, I believe now I have a good grasp of how everything works basically. I wouldn't mind a little better explanation of some of the features though. If you think a thread for just us 'modmen' is a good idea, then I would vote to make that a private one.I'll ask Jeff tomorrow if that is possible. Thanks.

• 2 months later...

I just wanted to welcome two new moderators to the BrickPicker team, Huskers1236 and Legodog. I wish them well and I personally would like to let them know that Jeff and I appreciate that they accepted our offer. As we continue to grow, more members will be asked in the future to volunteer their talents to the site.

We have an upcoming major addition to the site which will stir up quite a bit of activity I'm sure, so we will need all hands on deck to deal with the increased activity. We also have a new contest starting April 1st, so there will be plenty happening within the next month to keep people entertained. Thanks again...

Ed

• 3 months later...