Are Mixels a good investment?

work4fbi2

I unexpectedly found a pile of Series 1 (not many yellow as I recall) - maybe 30 total - sitting at the end of a clearance isle where there were no other toys in WalMart a couple weeks ago. Was in a hurry and foolishly left them... haven't seen any anywhere since.

Around here Series 2 is like this:

Flurr (blue) is nowhere to be found

Slumbo (blue) exists in quantity only one place

Jawg (brown) is getting hard to find

Lunk (blue) is of course a little scarce but nothing like the first two. One of the B&M stores has about thirty of him along with all the orange and brown.

Targets have tons of Series 3, Many TRU do as well, and I see considerably less of the purple ones than green or gray.

Anyone surprised at the bright color dominance?

• Like 1

The cartoon series doesn't seem like a children's show. It's trippy.

Thanks for all those who replied to my original question. The funny thing is, the more I research into Mixels, the more I like them. I've decided to keep my Series 1 for personal collection.

Nowdays when I find leftovers from Series 1 and 2, it's like hitting jackpot. Yellow and Red (Flain) are hard to come by.

• Like 1

Mixels are all the rage. Seriously.

I just sold a 3 pack for $40 from series one.

I am stocking up on Series 2 by the box full.

It also looks like Lego likes to discontinue each series on this relatively quick. I agree with an earlier post I think Series 2 will be out most places by Christmas and start appreciating quickly for the December orders.  At least the man holding boxes of these hopes so.  hehe.  If not it will be all good in short order there after.

On a lark, I picked up two full Series One sets from LEGO Shop at Home back when they were released since Lego had 2xVIP on them if you bought complete sets. I sold the first set for $100 plus shipping a few weeks back and am hoping to get $120 for the second.  I just picked up two Series Two sets as part of Bricktober. 

Well I feel lucky. I just decided yesterday I was going to look for these. Went to Target and they had 7 unique series 2. Today I went to Walmart and they had the other two series 2 and also two series 1 (seismo and zorch). The funny thing is I didn't see series 3 anywhere but Walgreens and every Walgreens has a ton of them.

I'm still finding a decent amount of series 2 in my area. Have three complete sets so far. I can get more too. I am guessing that if I can't make a complete set a color set is almost as good? Is it worth it to get singles at all?

It seems easier to sell all three of a color or a whole set, but you could probably eke out the best possible price on an individual poly.

For those who are selling your Mixels Series 1, do you plan to keep one complete set for your own personal collection?

I'm not, luckily my son isn't into them and he can have the most recent series if he wants them someday.

I originally had the same idea as exciter1, letting my kids just have the latest.  But now...I don't know.  I have enough that I'm fine if I keep one.  Profits, though, after very tempting.  But for now, I've got a set put aside for the kids.  Mostly because I think their cool (now).

• Like 1