10179 - UCS: Millennium Falcon

Ed Mack

Guest TabbyBoy

If any UK 10179 sellers are desperate, I'll pay up to £342.49 and it HAS to be mint ;-)

5 hours ago, KShine said:

I was working on a new book "LEGO Investing For Dummies"

I have decided to change the title to "LEGO Investing Is For Dummies"

LOL - But I think it could turn out to be true.

Still being listed on Kijiji for $2,500 in most of Canada.

And there is even a listing warning other potential buyer about the 75192. Although nothing wrong with that, just left a bitter taste in the mouth the way the poster described it.

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-toys-games/city-of-toronto/lego-star-wars-ucs-millennium-falcon-10179-75192/1286023188?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

https://boston.craigslist.org/gbs/clt/d/lego-star-warsucs-millennium/6288756832.html
All right. Which one of you guys is this?  This is even lower than eBay right now...

"Missing sticker" "lost manual" "few pieces fell off" (let me guess, the expensive ones) "missing two figs" ..... this thing screams BrickLinked, no matter that they claim "authentic bought in the store".
  • Like 3

1500-2000 euros now gets you a new one. It will be interesting to see how that evolves as a) it becomes available at SAH b; gets into normal stores as of January.

Bricklinked and counterfeit examples still account for most listings on Ebay so there may not be that many MISB´s still out there anyway.

Time will tell but I reckon new ones will be going for less than 1k euros in 2018 and complete used ones for 500-700.

• 3 weeks later...

Has anybody built 75192 and 10179? Wondering what everyone views is from a build perspective.

Based on the video reviews of 75192, my personal preference is that I prefer the 75192 better.

I've never seen 10179 so looking forward to visiting the lego shop soon to hopefully see the 75192 built.

39 minutes ago, Mhd747 said:

Has anybody built 75192 and 10179? Wondering what everyone views is from a build perspective.

Based on the video reviews of 75192, my personal preference is that I prefer the 75192 better.

I've never seen 10179 so looking forward to visiting the lego shop soon to hopefully see the 75192 built.

I think 2 days ago there is a post in this thread with a video review where they had built both.  There were a few old school sentimental reasons they liked the 10179 but overwhelmingly the 75192 blows it away.  The overall design, building techniques, angles, connections and 1500 pieces of detail were some of the main improvements.