What Lego sets did you open then regret because it's worth a lot now?

Hi everyone!

Yesterday I was replying to a thread on what sets did I purchased previously and that had deep remorse for.

Then that set me thinking, there are quite a number of sets I purchased with no regrets but I wished I hadnt open them and built them bcos they are worth a lot now!!!

Here are some of my biggest regrets:

1) Queens Anne revenge, I bought only 1 box bcos I only started collecting Lego then and didnt think much of it. Now it sits on my bed headboard, pretty awesome pc but I wished I had kept it in the box considering I bght it at retail for SGD $190 and its worth ard $500 over here now.

2) Ninjago Fortress 2505, OMG this one... it saddens me even more. I bght this as a gift to my husband (then was my bf) and I was so excited to see the set. When he opened the present, I wanted to start building it with him, so we opened the seals....... but never ever got to building it. CRAP. Now it sits in the damaged, seals opened box and the packets arent opened yet... but IF ONLY... I did not open. it would be worth so so much more.

3) I have a few other sets I wished I has not opened that are small sets, like Batman Catwoman chase, Hobbit sets, Iron man... sigh

the list goes on ****** on!

Do YOU have any regrets opening any of ur sets that are worth a hefty sum now? if YES is your answer, come here and rant to me.

LOL and we will weep together hahaha :)

• Like 1

For me it would have been the Lego Monorail when I was 10 years old. I guess being 10 and opening a set doesnt count..but imagine if I still had that sealed $$$$

LOL I FEEL YOU. I was talking to my husband that day abt if we ever buy any sets for our kid when shes big enough to own them. And how do u explain to children that the set its worth more not opened than opened. Hahaha oh well , but I guess when u were a kid, the instamnt gratification made it totally worth it to open. At the very least, u still have the set;)

My husband opened many sets when he was a kid and then threw them somewhere and now its gone. and we see these same sets from 10-15 years ago and what they are worth now, he feels like stabbing himself. :)

For me it's the most recent AT-AT. I only had two. Bought them in a TRU bogo sale. I gave one to my son for Christmas when he was five, mainly because I wanted to build it. Now it sits among his lego collection collecting dust, as he rarely plays with it . Oh well.

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker