Ebay Vietnam Sellers

devinhughey

I've noticed a lot of New Sets being sold out of Vietnam. These sets seem to get sold at auction for a decently cheaper price, these sets mainly being the bigger ones. I saw a 10234 Sydney Opera House sell for 250$ Free Shipping. This of course seems like a too good to be true kind of thing. Has anyone actually purchased one of these and got the product? I guess with eBay the worst thing that could happen is that you never get it, but are able to get your money back through eBay buyer protection. 

Having to file a buyer protection case would not be the worst thing. They could drop ship you a set and you could have a much bigger headache if you had to deal with fraud charges and what not. I think the reason the auctions end low is because most people know to stay away from international sellers with 0 feedback. Notice how the different sets are never listed by the same seller, always by a very recently created account.

I've seen this recently as well. Every seller seems to be new and have zero feedback but they are all Vietnam. Also they only have stock photos of course. This screamed scam to me. I don't know how eBay can prevent this if the seller opens a new account every time. They are probably shutting them down and they just open a new account. I don't know why anyone would buy these. I don't buy from listing with stock photos anymore period.

Sent from my iPad using Brickpicker

• 3 weeks later...

I was about to ask the same exact question, i was just checking one of this Vietnam sellers and they have only exclusive sets for sale at decent prices with free shipping, they get sold all the time and wondering who can they keep operating. Some even starting to get real pictures. I guess this is the same thing as all these fake minifigs from China that get sold all the time as well.

When will Ebay stop this predators??????

This is a classic example of people buying to good to be true deals .. getting items drop shipped with stolen credit cards from lego.com and lego banning you forever. I think most people who get banned from lego here purchased from a drop-shipper. Why even bother. Even if the loser was selling a green grocer for $200 with no feedback stock photos and from international I wouldnt even touch that. I just avoid shady sellers in general and deal with legit retailers and its worked out just fine for me and ive gotten crazy good deals (legit ones) that dont keep me wondering if im gunna get scammed or not.