What Lego set do you have buyers remorse on buying?

So i was on Ebay and I was looking at an indiana jones the temple of doom set 7199 (99% complete no minifigs). it the auction was ending soon and had about a minute left. the current price was $19 so i figured i'll throw in something and see what happens. So on my phone i put in $21.09. But thanks to my LG phone or the ebay ap or maybe only slightly user error the "." did not take so my highest bid was $2109. I had to do a double take and I was like how can i stop this please NO ONE bid! Can i cancel? Oh man my wife is going to freak out that i bought a $2k lego set. as the seconds were counting down no bids but the last 10 seconds always have snipers. 5 seconds left boom bid for $50 but thanks to my $2k bid, i upped it to $51. finally it ended at $51 no one else bid thankfully. All in All not too bad, but that was pretty scary. so total with shipping was $60, now i need to find some minifigs to complete it.

Moral of the story check your final price before bidding, or learn to press the "." on a mobile phone.

I have been pretty lucky that I haven't done anything like that before.

However, I have a couple things I probably pressed Buy It Now before I should have. Probably half of the minifig lots I have bought haven't worked out.

But at the same time, it has taught me what to look for - namely minifigure sets at 50% of what I would net for them and only if complete and from major themes.

Not on ebay but I purchased 8 hive crawlers from WalMart not to long ago, lost the receipt and they won't take them back even after getting a printout from their accountant detailing the transaction. Only original receipts are accepted apparently.

that's surprising - usually Walmart takes returns without receipt, how long ago was this?

Ooh man Galazy squad is rough. You can get rid of them during Christmas though. Everything goes up pretty well during then.

I honestly wish I didn't have 10 vamp Castles.

I had 16, but I sold 3 during Christmas to make a net of 30$ a piece and then parted out 3 for about the same type of profit. Mostly just wanted to get some money back out of them.

If TRU hadn't found that magical last batch, these would be at $150 now.

They are still a winner, but I wanted to be selling them this Christmas, not next.

monster fighters lot and the vampire castle.. I thought it was a good investment till it flooded the market everywhere except for 9065. prices are still **** low and im stuck with a few sets that are not very good conditioned boxes due to shipping. sigh. big regret buying em!

next set would probably be pirates of Caribbean. I bght 2 black pearls at sky high prices on ebay and the shipment to singapore made it even more not worth buying. worst part was that the boxes got damaged during shipment. SIGH

funhouse escape

vampire castle

battle of helms deep

epic dragon battle

and on and on and on

The first two I understand although both will eventually grow.

The third one is doing fine honestly. With respect to retail maybe not amazing, but the fact that it was easy to get these at $95 means you are doing ok.

EDB is not even retired yet. Patience.

funhouse escape

vampire castle

battle of helms deep

epic dragon battle

and on and on and on

I suppose that I would have buyer's remorse over these sets if I bought them to flip.

As a hold - they seem fine to me, especially if you got them at low price points. :)

I regret my buying habits before I found this site.  I wanted to get any and all SW lego sets and generally that is all I bought.  I had a stack of $20 off a $100 purchase coupon from the lego store near me and I burned through all of them buying things like mando speeders and what not rather than taking advantage of those coupons to load up on the larger exclusives (which I got some of but not as many as I should have).  Could have easily got 20% off most of those sets via deals here and there. 

Even though I haven't dumped a huge amount of money on Lego, I regret buying any sets I saw on sale without researching first. I've bought a lot of poly bags at retail or more but pretty much just resigned those to my personal collection. Though the four sets I regret the most buying are:

Escape from Mirkwook Spiders at $27 via Shopko through one of their clearance "sales".

The Council of Elrond at $17.

Stealth Shell in Pursuit at $12.

Grand Prix Truck at  $23

Here is why i regret buying the battle of helms deep: the price has dropped from a high of 175$ down to 140. Therefore I am nervous; will it go down more, will I panic sell only to watch it increase? I would have been better served buying other sets.

People are still finding Helm's Deep in the wild.  I know that I was still finding them in some TRU stores a few months ago.  I think this is the reason the price has been up and down.  Need to give it time, it will go up.

Guest TabbyBoy

I wish I'd left the following on the shelf in order even though all >33% off:

Various CITY vehicles

Malevolence

Vampyre Hearse

Vampyre Castle

All Technic

Friends Pet Salon

Delorean

Orc Forge

Weathertop

Uruk Hai Army