My belated introduction...

Hey guys!  It occurred to me that I have never officially introduced myself here and thought that I would share a bit about me for my 500th post!

First of all, I am a TFOL, been building with LEGO since I was seven, and just started investing about a year ago.  I was aware that the value of sets went up after they retired, but until now, I had never been able to keep a set sealed for over a week.

Here are some interesting facts about me:

1.  I am a Christian!

2.  I am sandwiched between two sisters

3.  I love to play the guitar and enjoy going to concerts

4.  My most valuable set that I own is the Green Grocer

5.  I have a LEGO Ideas account.

6.  My favorite themes are Creator Expert and LOTR and Hobbit.

7.  My dad is an airplane mechanic, so sometimes he will take me with him to work on airplanes.

I would put down more, but I couldn't think of anything interesting.  Also, I wanted to include a picture of myself because I always wonder what everybody looks like on here in real life.  This is a picture of me with long hair a while ago:

post-14764-0-10748200-1401569151_thumb.j

Thanks for reading!

• Like 3

Well in this case, welcome! Thanks for sharing some facts about yourself, I `m sure many of use here understand that feeling of keeping sets sealed. Discipline is #2 when it comes to investments, right behind profits, but you need #2 to get to #1. Anyway, keep posting! 

Great post......fight off the dark ages with all your might!!

Yep exactly!

Already did that.  In fact, Brickpicker was one of the first LEGO sites I came to after that difficult time time.  Thankfully, my dark ages only lasted about six months.

Right on, 6 months is significant but short compared to some. Mine lasted nearly 3 years and ended about 2 years ago, some have gone 30+ years without a Lego purchase. I can`t imagine that...

Very cool. Thanks for sharing, Noodlenut! I've also wondered how everyone looked on BP. At the moment, Ed Mack looks like the Devil, TOK is an orc, and 95% of posters are yellow headed dudes who wear helicopter hats. ;)

EDIT: It would be cool to have a little section on our Profile pages where we could put in a biography, much like what Noodlenut did with his introduction. 

Very cool. Thanks for sharing, Noodlenut! I've also wondered how everyone looked on BP. At the moment, Ed Mack looks like the Devil, TOK is an orc, and 95% of posters are yellow headed dudes who wear helicopter hats. ;)

EDIT: It would be cool to have a little section on our Profile pages where we could put in a biography, much like what Noodlenut did with his introduction. 

At least I'm not a yellow-headed dude with a helicopter hat! The biography section sounds like a great idea, but that would add to Jeff's long list of things to do for Brickpicker.

The biography section sounds like a great idea, but that would add to Jeff's long list of things to do for Brickpicker.

Don't worry, I don't intend on bringing it up until Jeff clears off much more off his plate. I have no idea how he manages!! In the mean time, the "Interests" section of our profiles can work. I've updated mine, if anyone is interested. 

EDIT: 3,333 Post! ;)

Very cool. Thanks for sharing, Noodlenut! I've also wondered how everyone looked on BP. At the moment, Ed Mack looks like the Devil, TOK is an orc, and 95% of posters are yellow headed dudes who wear helicopter hats.  ;)

Or maybe we could download the image and edit it in Gimp!  I did this and came up with strange results:

post-14764-0-64826300-1401580193.png

I'm not very good with Gimp. :)

Don't worry, I don't intend on bringing it up until Jeff clears off much more off his plate. I have no idea how he manages!! In the mean time, the "Interests" section of our profiles can work. I've updated mine, if anyone is interested. 

EDIT: 3,333 Post! ;)

Read your "interests" all I can say is "build something" that's the whole point of these fantastic little plastic bricks. As great as it is that someone of your age is seriously thinking about investing don't forget to just be a kid too. All the mistakes of youth are what gives us wisdom.

• Like 1