42009 - Mobile Crane MK II

Leicamarc

just bought the last one in the area (scotland - Aberdeen) for £110 at local store. Very very happy. Box was damaged slightly, but this is a build for me, so utterly delighted. Now I have one to build and one to save. Just had a look at the bags... what an immense set and great value for money!

• Like 1

Guest TabbyBoy

At least I have one in my collection, Technic isn't very popular in the UK which is why I no longer invest in it. The only Technic set that I've made a killing on is when I bought 116x 9393 Tractors for £9.99 from Smyths. Yes, it was me that cleared them out! The Unimog (great set) is a damp squib as those that paid RRP won't make much and it's been gone a while.

someone is going to be busy over the weekend then! Remember to organise the parts before building or you´ll go mad trying to find things.

6 minutes ago, TabbyBoy said:

At least I have one in my collection, Technic isn't very popular in the UK which is why I no longer invest in it. The only Technic set that I've made a killing on is when I bought 116x 9393 Tractors for £9.99 from Smyths. Yes, it was me that cleared them out! The Unimog (great set) is a damp squib as those that paid RRP won't make much and it's been gone a while.

No 42006´s? Big mistake cos that´s the one that is selling well right now.

Guest TabbyBoy
1 hour ago, valenciaeric said:

someone is going to be busy over the weekend then! Remember to organise the parts before building or you´ll go mad trying to find things.

No 42006´s? Big mistake cos that´s the one that is selling well right now.

The last one on eBay UK sold for £129.99 which is a likely loss after factoring fees, time, storage and packing. None have reached RRP yet. The problem now with Technic in the UK is that buyers don't mind waiting as a better set is always round the corner. BTW... If anyone in the UK is interested, Smyths have them in stock right now.

Unimog's also selling around £200 which is poor IMHO if buy-in was RRP.

The only Technic sets I have left are 8x Logging Trucks and 8x Grand Prix racers which I got from Amazon last year at -50%.  I've never seen -50% since then so I'll leave Technic alone for now.

Good luck anyway to those that have more faith in the theme than me. Don't get me wrong, I love the sets but, "re-buyers" don't love them enough!

Example... Blue Crawler Crane or Pet Shop? I know what I'll end up with 20 of!

• 1 month later...
7 minutes ago, rlangston77 said:

Anyone in the US buying this for an investment?  It is still available but I'm unsure of the future value of Technic sets as they don't seem to go up hugely in value.

Have you read this thread at all?  I'm sure you'll find plenty of information about investment trends for this set by reading.

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

Seeing the upcoming bulk excavator and porche technic sets, i think there will be a revival of technic fever this year. Amongst the recently retired technic sets, i think the MKII will be highly sought after. Unimog is dead money as 42043 is way better. 42030 should also do very well if lego retires it slightly early and the hoard ignores it this year.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
51 minutes ago, Val-E said:

Now hard to find listings below RRP on ebay or bricklink - I think I may have been wrong about this one and that its performance will be better than crawler or unimog despite being very hoarded as there seems to be demand.

I actually had a check on this earlier today, last 5 sales on ebay uk were £200+. Not bad for a set which was readily available for £100 around xmas.

Great set though!

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Battrax said:

It is a great set., I should have bought 20 of them, not 10!

I bought one and built it. We lived it so much we bought all of them at our local store 20% off as investment, sadly they only had 2. I wish I had 10-20 of them