LEGO Bans - Open Discussion

IMDeus

• 5 years later...
On December 28, 2015 at 2:09 AM, Robb said:

I think the big issue is that we cherry pick their stock.  This makes them look bad to their customers when they "never" have the most popular product in stock. Also, we exploit their best deals. So, before a deal launches at a store they don't exactly know if the deal will do what they want or not, but I can tell you what they don't want is deal useage to sell 99% of stock they would sell just fine without the deals. And that's what we do! Use deals to kill the stock that they don't need deals to sale.

I agree, I think some people overdo it with coupons/discounts/sales and it leads to a ban, we abuse the sales and coupons, we take full advantage of some deals/sales. There is at the end nothing wrong with it, that's what is being offered by retailers but still, and don't nobody;) get me wrong please, the only reason I haven't been really doing it, is because I wasn't smart enough, plus the fact that in the past Lego was a money maker almost no matter how much u spent. Now, TLG isn't banning people because of coupons....because they don't really offer any lol, they ban for what? Buying too much I guess...of one set or something similar.

17 minutes ago, redcell said:

I'll keep an eye out for it.  After going for years without a single ban, I managed to rack up four in one year in 2015 (Jet.com (on several accounts), Target, TRU, and a cashback site).  No more flying under the radar for me.  

That's funny, not laughing at you though, that's scary but funny how you put it, years without a ban, now 4 in one year, scary.....my history of VIP points is huge

17 minutes ago, Bold-Arrow said:

In all truth , it becomes close to impossible to expand the business and still fly under the radar . 

Indeed, it's not hard to see growing to the point where starting a B&M store would be necessary just to get access to the wholesale purchasing power that it would bring.

2 hours ago, redcell said:

Indeed, it's not hard to see growing to the point where starting a B&M store would be necessary just to get access to the wholesale purchasing power that it would bring.

That's an interesting idea :) Immediately start a nationwide (heck: global!) chain of stores .... let's call them "BrickPicker" .... every active, contributing member opens one :) And then we'll work on a membership model like Costco, and sell only to eachother :) ..... 4000 Tumblers? Sure, let's order .....

AMNESTY!!! LEGO, CAN I SAY IT ANY LOUDER?

Lego!!! we are your friends. What can we do to regain our buying from you? We don't wish to hurt you. Why are you picking on the little guys and girls that have had Lego bricks in our homes for several decades. That love Lego. That have ideas about Lego. We have helped to spread the name LEGO. Don't kill the geese, that lay the golden eggs!

signed: a 70 year old LEGO Fan.

• Like 2

That's an interesting idea Immediately start a nationwide (heck: global!) chain of stores .... let's call them "BrickPicker" .... every active, contributing member opens one And then we'll work on a membership model like Costco, and sell only to eachother ..... 4000 Tumblers? Sure, let's order .....

We need at least two other products to sell, and have to have been open a year. Also we won't be able to sell exclusives, and will be forced to buy duplo, elves and all the other lines we don't want to buy. I vote we sell Funko pops and Tshirts as our other two products

• Like 1

PM´d Tabby already. I´m sure a portfolio of prospective dodgy customer Id´s would be a distinct advantage over other candidates.

Main conclusions: There is a department already established for this based at UK customer service HQ, they have some type of heuristic software, they do look at ebay and other sellers.

45 minutes ago, valenciaeric said:

Languages: American

LOL

38 minutes ago, Ed Mack said:

We need to get an insider hired.  Crustybeaver or Tabbyboy...Are you up to it?  LOL

Only if I get staff discount and exemption from any rules deemed unreasonable.

• Like 3