Eric (Admin) Leaving Bricklink

When the fees rise .. either you adapt or go out of business .. there really is no point in bickering about increase fees .. if it happens it happens learn to adapt ... Do you think ebay started with such high fees 10 years ago? Im sure people bitched and moaned yet its one of the most visited websites in the world .. just saying

When the fees rise .. either you adapt or go out of business .. there really is no point in bickering about increase fees .. if it happens it happens learn to adapt ... Do you think ebay started with such high fees 10 years ago? Im sure people bitched and moaned yet its one of the most visited websites in the world .. just saying

True, but it makes it more difficult. Adaptation is key if you want to continue making money, but that`s not easy in many cases. If someone sells $10K worth of product at 3%, but fees double to 6%, it`s $300 less. Might not seem like a lot, but who knows what kind of impact that might have. Bricklink doesn`t charge a lot to sell, I`ve been adding parts to my store for quite some time on the side now, but have yet to open. Hopefully in a couple months, but point is every little bit adds up. 

True, but it makes it more difficult. Adaptation is key if you want to continue making money, but that`s not easy in many cases. If someone sells $10K worth of product at 3%, but fees double to 6%, it`s $300 less. Might not seem like a lot, but who knows what kind of impact that might have. Bricklink doesn`t charge a lot to sell, I`ve been adding parts to my store for quite some time on the side now, but have yet to open. Hopefully in a couple months, but point is every little bit adds up. 

Than raise your prices by 3%? Or be willing to take less profit if you decide to keep the prices the same. 

I think most people on BrickLink are price-sensitive because most of us are both buyers and sellers. It is a community in a sense that eBay is not - people who have a shared passion for Lego. Sure, I could raise my fees and prices to compensate. And I would then expect that I myself will have to pay more to get the pieces I want. The beauty of BrickLink now isn't the interface (clunky) or the styling (ouch) - it's the ease with which I can find the pieces I want/need for the projects I am working on, at reasonable prices, from other builders/hobbyists, who are as likely to buy from me as I am to buy from them (or trade). Anything that might move BrickLink towards a power seller model is, in my opinion, bad.