10217 Diagon Alley

Ematics

I am new to the scene, so I missed any chance of grabbing 10217 discounted in the past.

I've been watching Amazon lately to see if they'll budge past their current 1% offer. I am starting to think that I should just place my order now rather than miss out.

It's the only set on LEGO Shop at Home HP that isn't on sale:

http://shop.lego.com/en-US/Harry-Potter-ByTheme

Buy from Amazon

I am hesitating. Any thoughts?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BuckeyeFanDan pretty much summed it up. This set is officially labeled "Retiring Soon" on LEGO's website. "Soon" is a vague word, but I would still take that to heart. If you want it bad enough, get it soon. It is a great set, lots of cool minifigs, cool buildings, etc. All the Harry Potter stuff is appreciating nicely, and Diagon Alley will be no different. If you don't strike now, you will be looking at $200-$250 in a matter of months.

If I had the money, I would unquestionably buy this one. I'm not the most experienced with actually investing in LEGOs, but I've been buying them on ebay and otherwise for a while. There's almost no way that this one doesn't double in value, especially if you keep it sealed.

All the sites are just getting rid of the last of their inventory........its EOL trust me!

Yeah I'm a firm believer that it's on it's way out too. I'm debating if I should pick a couple more up? I still don't have an IS yet either Stephen LOL

Yeah I'm a firm believer that it's on it's way out too. I'm debating if I should pick a couple more up? I still don't have an IS yet either Stephen LOL

I'm with you both, i also need an Imperial Shuttle, that's the next big one i'm going to get. I don't want to wait too much longer though, i don't know if it will be around next month...

I'm with you both, i also need an Imperial Shuttle, that's the next big one i'm going to get. I don't want to wait too much longer though, i don't know if it will be around next month...

I would hurry up. Amazon will probably be out of them in the next week or so at the $239.99 price. Then the price will only go up. TRU (Toys R Us) has it for retail at $259.99, but I can't imagine that lasting much longer either. Guess we will see.