Are there any other places to sell Lego other then eBay ?

The buyers there are a lot more savvy so you won't get top dollar but you can expect market value. Sales will be slower than ebay until you build a rep there. If you price competitively you'll do well.

But ebay is clearly more expensive!

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPad met behulp van Brickpicker

Yep, Amazon is excellent for those who can qualify and meet their standards - just look into those standards before you start and don't screw up, because they will dump you, forever, and like Taylor Swift you are never, ever, ever getting back together.

Bricklink, as someone mentioned, would be third place behind eBay and Amazon. After that come all the outliers - Craigslist, various smaller selling sites (Brick Owl, Bonanza, lots more), eBay Classifieds (formerly Kajiji), and, yes, your local TRU parking lot.  :turned:

• Like 2

Try your local toys r us parking lot. Some members here have had great success there.

I tried that once.  Geoffrey started screaming obscenities at me then proceeded to whoop me like a dog.  It's hard to fight back against a giraffe.  You can't punch him in the face because of his crazy long neck.  :blackeye:

Priceminister would have been ok. Big fees, more than ebay, but it's not ebay's jungle and you can sell your stuff a better price (for the seller, I mean).

It seems that priceminister.co.uk has moved and merged with play.com

Maybe it's worth to take a look.

Jeff and I are kinda wondering where you are going with this.  Jeff is revamping the entire site behind the scenes to add and improve features.  If you want to work some sort of deal to advertise your valuable sets for sale, PM Jeff or I.  

Not going anywhere with this just wanted a general discussion on where people are selling there lego sets where do you sell your on Ed? . As eBay is now starting to take all my profits :@ is there no way of making this site be able to sell sets say like an ebay buy it now and pay via paypal. You could charge everyone like

I think what you're going to find is that any place that has the ability to attract a sufficient amount of consumer traffic to make it a worthwhile marketplace for selling is going to end up charging higher fees because of its ability to drive sales. If ebay's fees are so high for you that they're eating up all of your prodit, you may want to take a closer look at your business model rather than searching for a lower fee environment in which to sell.

Not going anywhere with this just wanted a general discussion on where people are selling there lego sets where do you sell your on Ed? . As eBay is now starting to take all my profits :@ is there no way of making this site be able to sell sets say like an ebay buy it now and pay via paypal. You could charge everyone like

I think what you're going to find is that any place that has the ability to attract a sufficient amount of consumer traffic to make it a worthwhile marketplace for selling is going to end up charging higher fees because of its ability to drive sales. If ebay's fees are so high for you that they're eating up all of your prodit, you may want to take a closer look at your business model rather than searching for a lower fee environment in which to sell.

Well i say all profit its 13.4% thats with paypal fees,And lets be honest here we all want as much profit going into our pockets then on sellers fees.But to be fair when you do use ebay you have people willing to pickup and pay cash so theres a plus side :) 

lol charging 10 pounds or 10 anything would be quite alot imo...

That is true to an extent.... Now go into theory and lets say Ebay goes and charges 50% fees.... does that mean all of our business models are crap, or is Ebay just going over the top?

Where is the line? Is the line really always at the seller, until there is atleast 1 seller that makes profit?

There is no need to veer into the theoretical. By my reading, OP was asking about the here and now.

There is no need to veer into the theoretical. By my reading, OP was asking about the here and now.

The point is just because you or anyone does not make profit it is not always business models fault of one person, but can also be de-stimulating environment which you would understand by taking economy courses in my humble opinion.

My theoretical ''thesis'' was just to point that it is not immediately a problem in persons business method or plan or strategy.... sometimes changing environment (moving to different country for example) made a bad business plan go to great and profitable.

It is ofcourse the easiest to say ''Your business method is wrong, rethink it'' :)

Ebay fees are high, regardless of traffic, but they are justified from their point of view and obviously sellers accept them as ''cost of doing business'' 

So thats all that matters in the end overall, but individually its better to look it from all points of view not just the easiest one.

I always judge where to sell depending on the price I can get and/or availability. I sell some sets on ebay and some on my local craigslist. I prefer to sell on my local cause there are no fees. Ebay is better cause it is more reliable. It also always depends on the kind of set.