C-3PO's - "A New Force at Breakfast"

TheOrcKing

Anyone else remember this quirky movie related breakfast oddity? Introduced in 1984 only to be discontinued shortly afterwards was a cereal composed of "twin rings phased together for two crunches in every double-O". I never had a chance to taste it myself considering I was just born at the time but way I heard it was basically two Cheerios stuck together I think. Anyway, I recall hearing about this cereal before years ago growing up to then forget about it as time went by until I stumbled across this amusing commercial. Revel in the 80's, fellow dudes and dudettes. B)

Anyone else remember this quirky movie related breakfast oddity? Introduced in 1984 only to be discontinued shortly afterwards was a cereal composed of "twin rings phased together for two crunches in every double-O". I never had a chance to taste it myself considering I was just born at the time but way I heard it was basically two Cheerios stuck together I think. Anyway, I recall hearing about this cereal before years ago growing up to then forget about it as time went by until I stumbled across this amusing commercial. Revel in the 80's, fellow dudes and dudettes. B)

At the last Star Wars celebration 'chive podcast afterparty, they eat a box of old C3POs. Ha. Not for me.

I was about 8 when C3POs came out and loved it, it had a nice sweet taste. Then again, most kids growing up in the early to mid 1980s pretty much eat "sugar in a bowl" especially during Saturday morning cartons. Oh, the good old days... Things our own kids will never experience. Anyway. I remember the cutout make on the bask and it came with some 2 piece white rocket (with stickers of course) inside.

"25 cent coupon on side panel", back when that actually was a savings. What exactly does "80-NM" stand for though with the AFA grading? I'm guessing "Nearly Mint". :dontknow:

I was about 8 when C3POs came out and loved it, it had a nice sweet taste. Then again, most kids growing up in the early to mid 1980s pretty much eat "sugar in a bowl" especially during Saturday morning cartons. Oh, the good old days... Things our own kids will never experience.

Yeah, I feel like everything as a kid just seemed sweeter or more sugary. Haha. I know Pop-Tarts then where bigger than they are now. Speaking of odd ball cereals, I did get to partake in tasting the Ghostbusters one. Thinking on the subject, there has been a whole bunch of Lucky Charms esque cereals.

What exactly does "80-NM" stand for though with the AFA grading? I'm guessing "Nearly Mint". :dontknow:

Yes NM = Near Mint and not that great of a rating if this was a baseball card unless it was a Honus Wagner

Yeah, I feel like everything as a kid just seemed sweeter or more sugary. Haha. I know Pop-Tarts then where bigger than they are now. Speaking of odd ball cereals, I did get to partake in tasting the Ghostbusters one. Thinking on the subject, there has been a whole bunch of Lucky Charms esque cereals.

That's because it was made with real sugar not High Fructose Corn Syrup. Try and find a place by you that sells "Mexican" Coke, no not that kind, it is so much sweeter and brings back childhood memories of going to my Grandmoms in Phila and getting a wooden case of Coke fresh from the bottling plant.