What should I buy?

So, I have some Amazon credit that I am looking to invest. My choices are 1 VW and 1 Batcave or 1 Arkham Asylum Breakout and a random $20-$30 set. I am leaning towards the VW and Batcave, as I think the VW is closer to retirement than AAB. Any other suggestions besides the Batcave that is comparably priced? Thanks for the input.

I`d go VW/Sopwith Camel most likely. AA is great and will do well, but it`s more than likely going to be out at least another year, if not 2. I think end of 2015 is what some have estimated, so way too early to grab that one. VW should be done this year, same with Sopwith, and Batcave as well. I`d go with the first two if these are your options, and the reason I suggest Sopwith is because I think many people under estimate it in favour of sets like the VW (though it will so very well for sure). 

I assume you`re around the $180-200 price mark by these estimates, so I`d also consider R2-D2. 

• Like 1

Thanks for the input, I will consider doing the VW and SC, might be a little above my price range though. I really want the Batcave, based on previous Batman sets, but I agree that the camel will do amazingly well too. Tough to decide, the R2 is awesome too, damn, this is tough.....

If you haven't read DoNotInsertIntoMouth's blog about Amazon Gold box I would highly recommend doing so.  It takes a little patience, but if you get lucky you can combine that credit with a nice percentage off as well.  For me exclusives turn up every once in a while at 5% off, but there are tons of other offers for regular sets at 10-30% off.  I recall having the batcave show up in my gold box somewhere between 15-20% off not too long ago.

http://blog.brickpicker.com/amazon-gold-box-deals-make-sure-you-are-getting-the-most-out-of-amazons-discount-system/

As far as your question about what to buy I agree with @rtisan as all of those sets are probably on the way out sooner rather than later.  Only substitute for the Batcave I can think of with comparable lifespan and price is the Unexpected Gathering.  It's about $6 cheaper at the moment as well.  Good Luck.