Lego Star Wars Republic Gunship 75021 Question...

It's about timing and price. The set just came out less than 1 year ago so still quite a long way to go until retirement. What's the price are you looking at? If you get it for $60, then yes the return will be very decent. I got a couple for $79 each and I think I got in a bit too early, since I normally don't part out.

Thats a loaded question. The idealogy you will.get from some will be yes large exclusives are winners because they are had to.find, limited availability, and not as many people buy large sets. Of course there are smallers sets that do.well, look at wolverine's chopper showdown. Smaller sets mean more work but I.think you need to diversify size sets based off what you want. Set it and forget it go large sets, if you dont mind the work.the small/medium sets with higher volume can net a good profit. Just read as much as possible on this forum and youll formulate your own plan.

• Like 1

Im just getting into this investment thing and I need advice on the 75021. Does anybody see a good return in the future?

i see a good investment future but not at 10% off.  i fully expect to load up on these which are at EVERY walmart and target I have ever been to when they eventually get cleared.  I'm looking for something in the $60 price range.  hey maybe next years LEGO Shop at Home May the 3rd  be with you.

• Like 1

I was telling myself, maybe if I stick to a price range. Like not to buy anything under $150. Is that the right mindset? I mean the more a Lego set cost the most money you will get out of it in the end?

Yeah, I don't think you know it but your question digs up some old ideology debates about large sets vs small/medium sets. holleman and allen gave you good advice though, read up, buy older sets at a healthy discount and you'll be fine.

Imo the gunship is a small winner, this is the original http://www.amazon.com/LEGO-Star-Wars-Republic-Gunship/dp/B0016098LK/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1399137597&sr=8-2&keywords=lego+republic+gunship I doubt the remake makes it anywhere close to $300, but I bet its in the $160-200 range a couple years after eol. Terrible returns if you bought them at 120, but not bad if you scooped at 75.

Edit: Gave you the wrong link. That one is from 2007 and although its similar this is actually the original from 2002: http://www.amazon.com/Star-Wars-Episode-Attack-Clones/dp/B00005UFBI/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&qid=1399138068&sr=8-8&keywords=lego+republic+gunship

I was telling myself, maybe if I stick to a price range. Like not to buy anything under $150. Is that the right mindset? I mean the more a Lego set cost the most money you will get out of it in the end?

It really depends on your strategy and constraints.  If you have a lot of cash and space and little time to spend, then buying exclusives and holding for a long time might be a good strategy.  I tend to look for undervalued, discounted sets that are close to end of life in the mid to low price range.  For instance (and I wish I had bought more), the wolverine set which MSRP was $20 was selling for $12 during the summer last year.  Less than six-months later it was selling for $50+ on eBay.  That was close to a 400% gain over 6-months.  If I had bought 100 at that price ($1200), I could have sold for $5000 which would have been approximately $3800 profit minus fees.  The tradeoff is that it takes more time to list, ship, etc...  I don't have a lot of space so this is a better strategy for me.

No I'm not really motivated by the sale allen9917. Will the x-wing bring in good money later on down the road? Thats a great point I suppose jamin4jc. I do have a limited amount of space. I wish I had bigger space. I have things stuffed hahaha