How to add new sets?

I am sorry if this is covered someplace already, but if so I couldn't find it: how could I add sets to the BP database that are not covered yet? I know I can improve existing entries, but what about sets with a number that isn't known to BP yet?

I am sorry if this is covered someplace already, but if so I couldn't find it: how could I add sets to the BP database that are not covered yet? I know I can improve existing entries, but what about sets with a number that isn't known to BP yet?

Currently, this is not our job.  It is impossible for members to add new sets to the database - and for two good reasons.  Most people that post in the Brickpicker forums are really nice people... but there is always someone that would take advantage of this.  Let's say that there is a member on Brickpicker named Untrustworthy_Remnant that decided to go wild and add tons of fake sets to the database.  Jeff would have to look over a lot of these entries just to disapprove them... something that is time consuming and pointless.

Here's another reason.  There is not a serious need to put new sets into the database that are not being sold on eBay yet.  Brickpicker is here for LEGO investors that want to keep track of how much their sets are worth and how many are selling.  All the new sets that cannot be found in the Brickpicker database are probably available on Brickset for people to see.

• Like 1

Here's another reason.  There is not a serious need to put new sets into the database that are not being sold on eBay yet.  Brickpicker is here for LEGO investors that want to keep track of how much their sets are worth and how many are selling.  All the new sets that cannot be found in the Brickpicker database are probably available on Brickset for people to see.

Very well said. Even when new sets are in the Brickpicker database, it takes a couple months to get a value on a set, so there is no rush to have the new sets that haven't been released to be put in the database.