Ideas #007: 21109 - Exo-Suit

Noodlenut

How many Exo sets do you currently own?  

225 members have voted

1. 1. How many Exo sets do you currently own?

• 1-5
    • 6-9
    • 10-19
    • 20-29
    • 30-39
    • 40-49
    • 50+

What do you guys think about a premium for a signed set. I sold one for equivalent $199. Do you think if I waited I would get more?....

Maybe. It is similar to when a famous author signs one of their novels. If a person is serious enough to pay a pretty penny for just the set then they might be willing to go a little farther to acquire the one with the designer's signature. The set's box is too nice to simply throw away in any case.

I happen to think the Exo Suit box design is poor. Composition doesn't work for me.

Yeah, me too. I always thought the Exo looked like it was drunk or something, staggering about. I don't think the image really shows it in its best light.

I generally like the Ideas boxes though.

• Like 1

I noticed that if you dont put the exos in the case seals start coming loose from the tension and exposing the glue, almost all of mine look like someone tried to open them, even though all came from reputable sources.

I've noticed this too, it seems the Exo box has a significant amount of tension from the flap. Virtually all of mine have had the seals slide a millimeter or two, leaving glue residue behind.

there's no risk, you can always get your money back, nobody will pay u below retail on this, the sets aren't very expensive but have potential, isn't really a high risk

Point taken. I'm just getting antsy because they seem to be very available here, with sellers attempting to unload them basically at cost on craigslist without success. And it's a $45 set in Canada as opposed to the slightly more palatable $35 USD. 

I've noticed this too, it seems the Exo box has a significant amount of tension from the flap. Virtually all of mine have had the seals slide a millimeter or two, leaving glue residue behind.

same here, got one like from Lego SAH. Thought it's an one off and wondering how to explain if I sell it (that it's MISB).

same here, got one like from Lego SAH. Thought it's an one off and wondering how to explain if I sell it (that it's MISB).

Honestly trying to sell something as MISB is overrated. You can usually get the same amount as NISB.

I don't sell anything "MINT" thats boxed because someone will always find a reason its not mint enough for them.

• Like 1

Honestly trying to sell something as MISB is overrated. You can usually get the same amount as NISB.

I don't sell anything "MINT" thats boxed because someone will always find a reason its not mint enough for them.

True and MISB or NISB should be close to the same. While I guess the symptom we have here looks more like the seal is being tempered as the seal slided a bit and leaving glue/dirt residue behind. Or I can always say the exo-suit can't wait to jump out lol.

• Like 1

True and MISB or NISB should be close to the same. While I guess the symptom we have here looks more like the seal is being tempered as the seal slided a bit and leaving glue/dirt residue behind. Or I can always say the exo-suit can't wait to jump out lol.

MISB or NISB, what buyers really want is an actual photo, not a stock one.

Right, people want real photos and a complete and legit set.  If the box is in nice shape and all the sealed bags and instructions are accounted for, what's the difference if a set is sealed or not when the vast majority of people buying the set will buy it to build anyway.

• Like 1

Finally received my exosuits. Seals 33S4 as many other european BP. These are not glued or anything (I'm talking about seals, not brickpickers).

Maybe it's because of the seal itself ? Sort of "manufacturing defect" of the seals ?

(my sets have been ordered a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away...)

I like it side by side with the white astronaut set. I'll definitely pair them together if I can, as planned since day one.

img_2010.jpg

Yes but unfortunatelly when you put a stock photo, some people think it's more appealing and "professional" so they are tempted to buy it.

What's important is to specify that it's new, sealed and you put an actual photo (so people can't say "hey there's a little scratch on the front, refund me !"). An actual photo, but a great one (without an hideous kitchen tablecloth below).

It's some psychological stuff but it helps because it's both good looking and serious.

• Like 2

Finally received my exosuits. Seals 33S4 as many other european BP. These are not glued or anything (I'm talking about seals, not brickpickers).

Maybe it's because of the seal itself ? Sort of "manufacturing defect" of the seals ?

(my sets have been ordered a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away...)

I like it side by side with the white astronaut set. I'll definitely pair them together if I can, as planned since day one.

Yes but unfortunatelly when you put a stock photo, some people think it's more appealing and "professional" so they are tempted to buy it.

What's important is to specify that it's new, sealed and you put an actual photo (so people can't say "hey there's a little scratch on the front, refund me !"). An actual photo, but a great one (without an hideous kitchen tablecloth below).

It's some psychological stuff but it helps because it's both good looking and serious.

Yes, background does matter.  Just a plain sheet or board is always the best.

Really? I've sold about 200 sets in the last year and everyone has had stock photos. My description always lists the quality of the box which is almost always excellent to mint. Now what people REALLY want is the knowledge that their item isn't going to turn up in makeshift crappy packaging with a poor delivery service. I use high quality bubble wrap and strong boxes and inform people of this in the description. That's the deal breaker and why I consistently sell over people with crappy phone pictures.

I don't know if it's going to burn me at some point, but I usually take photos of one box out of however many I'm selling, and use that for my listing.  I put in the auction that the photo is representative of the set you're going to receive, and that all boxes potentially have some amount of normal shelf wear.  If a box is particularly beat up I'll take separate photos of it and create a new listing.

• Like 1