Ideas #007: 21109 - Exo-Suit

Noodlenut

How many Exo sets do you currently own?  

225 members have voted

1. 1. How many Exo sets do you currently own?

• 1-5
    • 6-9
    • 10-19
    • 20-29
    • 30-39
    • 40-49
    • 50+

Which would imply that manufacturer told them that they are not getting any. Given that Bold still has GEs on backorder and he was told that manufacturer did not tell them anything about availability.

Part of my second order was cancelled from TRU today as well.  .  The first order from TRU just arrived today.

I just don't get the love for this set at $5 above retail.  I'm glad you guys are happy, but I refuse to buy it from Target at that price.  All we're doing is playing into Target's game.  It's like playing into TRU's game.

I get that you guys want a bunch, and they're limited at Lego.com or your local Lego Store.  And maybe I'm the fool for my unwillingness to buy at the inflated price.  If I wanted just one to build, then I'd probably be willing to get it.  Or, if you're using your Red Cards to get the price down a little closer to MSRP, I guess I can understand that.

I just don't get the love for this set at $5 above retail.  I'm glad you guys are happy, but I refuse to buy it from Target at that price.  

Most people here are likely using redcard and GC discounts. For example, I paid $30.98 (incl. tax) per exo set with GC and redcard discount. I can't really refuse that as long as I have discount gift cards.

I just don't get the love for this set at $5 above retail.  I'm glad you guys are happy, but I refuse to buy it from Target at that price.  All we're doing is playing into Target's game.  It's like playing into TRU's game.

I get that you guys want a bunch, and they're limited at Lego.com or your local Lego Store.  And maybe I'm the fool for my unwillingness to buy at the inflated price.  If I wanted just one to build, then I'd probably be willing to get it.  Or, if you're using your Red Cards to get the price down a little closer to MSRP, I guess I can understand that.

Most people buying from Target are betting on short run. if it is short run, and price spikes within 120 days return window, $5 not gonna matter. If it does not spike, or TLC floods the market, then Target will see sudden influx of returns. It's like using options to cover bet on futures, except the price of the option is $0

• Like 1

First two waves of Exo Suits arrived from target today all 20S4. The box is nice and sturdy all came in great shape it is just smaller then I envisioned. The ends of the seals have adhesive on the outside, never seen this before, and it makes them sticky possible dust collector or they could adhere to shipping material.

Interesting to note this morning when I ordered 3 more from target, didn't mind the price with red card if I was going to get it fromS@**** would have to pay $6.95 shipping or add filler, I had saved 99 of these to my target want list when I moved them to my cart I got the error that the maximum amount was already in my cart and had to order 3. Now when I get home and check my ipad it showed 689 of them in my cart as soon as I went to checkout it went to Zero. Don't know where that number came from perhaps the amount they had in stock at the time.

possible but i seriously doubt that they had that many in stock this morning :). but who knows....

if they had that many why would they limit to "3"/order. i have seen quite a lot of sets with 8 limits like (even on 10221 when it was available :) )

689/3= 229 orders . i doubt that they processed that many orders during that hour but its certainly possible..

I agree, I'm happy with my 14. I can't justify the extra $5 per set, even with the redcard 5% off. Plus, if you return boatloads of these to Target B&M, they immediately discount it because it is not a normal in store item. So when they restock the store, somebody is getting them at about $10 each. And they will not allow you to re-buy it.  I can't in good conscience do that.

I agree, I'm happy with my 14. I can't justify the extra $5 per set, even with the redcard 5% off. Plus, if you return boatloads of these to Target B&M, they immediately discount it because it is not a normal in store item. So when they restock the store, somebody is getting them at about $10 each. And they will not allow you to re-buy it.  I can't in good conscience do that.

its ok to  share the loot :P LOL :D sometimes ....

Just received my second shipment from Target from my release day order. A lot more damage on this shipment with four that are totally crushed and 6 that have creases/indents (acceptable in my view). In all seriousness (not asking for flame on for ordering so many) but what is the best way with a Target damaged shipping item? Call and request a refund or will they only accept a return back to a local Target store?

post-40300-1487568_thumb.jpg

Just received my second shipment from Target from my release day order. A lot more damage on this shipment with four that are totally crushed and 6 that have creases/indents (acceptable in my view). In all seriousness (not asking for flame on for ordering so many) but what is the best way with a Target damaged shipping item? Call and request a refund or will they only accept a return back to a local Target store?

If you have an account, you can setup return shipping back for free. Plenty of time to do that though, might want to wait this one out a little while..

If your gonna return them for amount paid then let me get some Id pay shipping to. don't mind damaged box.

just ask for a discount bro ... you already have more than a lot of people care to have ... just flip the damaged boxed ones if theyre an eyesore!

Just hold on to them for a while. See how things shake out. If this is a limited set then even damaged boxes will be worth keeping. Would you like to have some Rovers right now with a little box damage? I sure would.

Sent from my iPad using Brickpicker

Part them out, you should do well, better than returning them anyway.

^ thats probably the worst idea i ever heard... just keep them and see how they ripen by christmas, in the worst case you should be able to double your investment on the beat up sets.

If you look at the sold listings on eBay you may think differently. It's making more than if he were to try and flip them. I don't see the problem if you don't want to hold them

If you look at the sold listings on eBay you may think differently. It's making more than if he were to try and flip them. I don't see the problem if you don't want to hold them

I think I'll just hold on to them and try to sell them as is.   Like most have said, worst case if the market gets flooded - I can always return them with 100% money back from Target.

^ thats probably the worst idea i ever heard... just keep them and see how they ripen by christmas, in the worst case you should be able to double your investment on the beat up sets.

Funny, if he were to part the set out now he could more than double right now, and not have to worry about the possibility of Lego going DeLorean on this set or Target making a stink about the return.

• Like 2

Funny, if he were to part the set out now he could more than double right now, and not have to worry about the possibility of Lego going DeLorean on this set or Target making a stink about the return.

we'll reconvene in a few months. doubt there will be more than maybe 1-2 more runs to satisfy existing orders with a slight overflow available for sale

target has the worst shipping. Worst than wm in my experience. Boxed arriving open, tape torn off the box, tape stuck to the set, next to no padding, crushed boxes. Half my orders from there have arrive messed up. I only use them now if they are the only option. Luckily my exos arrived ok. In the last month I returned a town hall, sea cow, and arkham because they arrived beat up. I'm not super picky either, a few creases is ok. 

I would keep those beat exos. Maybe even list them now. It wont affect the price much.