75025 - Jedi Defender-class Cruiser

TheOrcKing

• 2 weeks later...

all I am saying is around $50 for 900+ pieces (many rare or exclusive), 4 cool looking minis, 3 of which are exclusive, and its a cool looking "Star Wars" ship.  Plus its a TRU exclusive with only 1.5 year run.  I dont see this hitting $200, but could certainly do $100-150.

all I am saying is around $50 for 900+ pieces (many rare or exclusive), 4 cool looking minis, 3 of which are exclusive, and its a cool looking "Star Wars" ship.  Plus its a TRU exclusive with only 1.5 year run.  I dont see this hitting $200, but could certainly do $100-150.

totally depends on how many TRU has hidden in their warehouses and how long these going to last. They want to move older stuff for the new Star war sets. so there is incentive to move them albeit not much incentive like Ninanjo series or mechdragon alike. but having said that.. i might be wrong in assessing the real demand for this set as well.

if this goes out from TRU and TRU ebay by June or earlier then we will see healthy return if not then this would be another barrel escape :) even @ $20 buy-in those barrel escape was a loser :)

Edited by newbie77

I was hoping TRU would clearance their remaining Sail Barges, Rancor Pits, and Republic Gunships.  There are a few of each at my local store and it would have been great to get them at a discounted price this week with the $10 off promo.

I did pick up 5 of these a couple weeks ago.  I really like the ship and the minifigures are unique, though not major EU characters that will drive the set price.  I think this one will do ok so long as TRU sells through them quickly.

• 1 month later...

Watching the performance of 9516 has made me really cautious about other non-exclusive SW sets.  9516 is very iconic, pretty awesome looking really, includes a ton of great minifigures, and is stuck at about 33% over MSRP over a year after EOL.  So when I look at 75025, I think on the one hand it's a cool looking ship, but on the other, it isn't OT, I've never heard of any of the characters, and if Jabba's Palace can't even do 50% over MSRP after a year, I don't have high hopes for the Jedi Cruiser.  There's also the usual TRU risk that they'll be discounting these off and on for the next year, as with City Garage or Funhouse Escape.  I can almost imagine that TRU actually manufactures their own Lego sets.  TRU sample email to Lego distribution: "We decide when this set is done!"

Edit: Checking up on 7964 - Republic Frigate does not offer much in the way of reassurance.  It's a somewhat similar 2011 set (versus 2013 for Jedi Cruiser) that, according to brickpicker sales data, sells for around $160 on eBay, or 33% over MSRP.

Edited by GhostDad

TRU has a pile of this set and the Mine, 4204.  Both have been heavily discounted for 2 months, both will disappear from my local store, and the next week, the shelves are full of these again.  This set is going to take forever to clear out via regular channels.  I think the best bet is a Xmas flip at MSRP if we're lucky.  Might clear $20-25/set if you got them at $50.   I, too, am pessimistic, and I have 8 of both this and 4204 in my inventory.

Ok I finally pulled the trigger on this set since TRU had it discounted 30 percent... About 58 dollars after tax. Picked up two and will wait till Christmas to see the appreciation. Hopefully it goes EOL... Dunno if the discount is just trying to clear inventory or a sign of discontinuation... We shall see. It is encouraging to see people parting out the minifigures for some good money...

I see no demand for this made-up ship. Not even sure what subtheme of SW this is from. This one might never even crawl back to RRP since the only folks that might want this ship will be completists that must have everything SW. Stay away unless you want it for your own collection.

• Like 1

i regret not buying more PA when tru had them on clearance....how much were they like $50ish right?

yep right around there. They too were plentiful forever then disappeared. I also would of liked more. Had a ton of sith from bricktober deals and did well with them.

I see no demand for this made-up ship. Not even sure what subtheme of SW this is from. This one might never even crawl back to RRP since the only folks that might want this ship will be completists that must have everything SW. Stay away unless you want it for your own collection.

Well, my 6 year old son who reads the Scholastic Lego stuff and plays with everything Lego Star Wars seems to know the minifigures and so I suppose there is a generation (tykes) where there is demand- which means that their parents will be buying at least.

has anyone picked this set up recently in your stores? is it doing the mine where they have them one week and don't the next? i've not seen more than a handful at stores here at any one time

they do keep popping in and out. Usually see 2-4 when they have them. The mine i havent seen restocked locally.

Since this is tied to a game whose star is fading, I don't think this subtheme will do well. Children don't play it and the target group (the gamers) may not be die hard LEGO fans. The build is excellent though, as is 9500. 

Darth Malgus is a valuable fig though, going for $30+ from 9500. And he is pretty much the most known one, placing an upper cap on the others. 

Since this is tied to a game whose star is fading, I don't think this subtheme will do well. Children don't play it and the target group (the gamers) may not be die hard LEGO fans. The build is excellent though, as is 9500.

Darth Malgus is a valuable fig though, going for $30+ from 9500. And he is pretty much the most known one, placing an upper cap on the others.

Actually the game is doing fairly well, at least in terms of revenue. But agreed on your other points, these TOR sets seem to have a limited potential audience, at best.

Re: the Malgus fig, it's interesting that he's doing so well...yes, he's certainly one of the better-known characters, but no more so than Satele Shan or the T7 droid from 9497. Without resorting to spoilers (in case anyone else around here actually plays the game), both of those characters have (and will continue to have) more important roles in the storyline than Malgus. He's a cooler-looking fig than either, though, so maybe that's why he commands a premium.

Oh BTW I picked up the last two in Stock at my TRU if that is any encouragement.

They'll be back. They are marked Sold Out with the discounted price at LEGO Shop at Home, their new way of retiring sets in the USA? My TRU has been out twice but got 9 more in last week before this sale. They come 3 sets to a lego case. All were early 2013 production runs. No telling how many more of these are lying around.