Brick sorting service, for a fee

exciter1

That's pretty optimistic!  Have you ever effectively sorted five pounds in one hour?  Lol.  :D

(My thousandth post!  Yeehaw!)

effectively is relative to how you want them sorted. My first sort was just by color and I did the first 30 pound lot pretty quick. Now, if you want fine sorting, you are making far less.

That's pretty optimistic!  Have you ever effectively sorted five pounds in one hour?  Lol.  :D

I suppose it depends on if they are brick size, or much smaller specialty pieces. But, I'm guessing if you built a sorting table where you could slide pieces into a reservoir, 5 pounds an hour would be on the slow end.

I really enjoy sorting the brick, so this would be a great thing to do. As far as getting all of you pieces back, that is something that you have to trust in the service provider to do. I would return them all since I have enough of my own, and would want to provide a great service for repeat business. I would probably do lets say a 5 pound minimum to cover the free return shipping because now they are sorted in whatever fashion you request and they may take up more space in the box.

You don't have to sort them all by hand. You can presort using a robot. Heck, you can even build that out of Lego (Mindstorms) if you like. Then you only need to correct the few mistakes this will make by hand, which is much less work than the whole process.

Interesting concept! You know what, if someone is bold enough to take a stab at something like this, I`d give them a pat on the back. Of course you`de want an idea like this to work effectively, but the fact that they are willing to even attempt this is fantastic. Kudos to these folks :thumbsup:

• Like 1

You could be very efficient when you are sorting for the first hour, but the longer you sit, the harder it gets. I did that last summer, and I have to take frequent breaks so that I would not go crazy while sorting bricks. 

I wouldn't use this service. I would rather sort my bricks by myself to see what hidden treasures I have.