Should I buy a 10188 that is missing pieces?

I may be able to get my hands on a Death Star used, no booklet or box, and it is missing pieces/ minifigures.

How much should I spend, and how hard will it be to get replacement parts.

I looked at it, and it looks like it is mostly there, missing the exterior shell pieces. I couldn't count the minifigures either, but I saw some of them. It was built, and a display piece.

What do you guys think?

Thanks!

Guest davewager78

Find out what's missing, and price the items up from bricklink

I'm assuming you're buying to build

I get a few bargains working like this

personally, $200 max. please be aware it can turn into a money pit pretty fast.  before you know it, you can quickly approach $300+ depending on what is missing.

i wish the manual was included even at $200.

not sure if i would just wait until another $300 BIN (or lower) loose one on ebay shows up. 

I may be able to get my hands on a Death Star used, no booklet or box, and it is missing pieces/ minifigures.

How much should I spend, and how hard will it be to get replacement parts.

I looked at it, and it looks like it is mostly there, missing the exterior shell pieces. I couldn't count the minifigures either, but I saw some of them. It was built, and a display piece.

What do you guys think?

Thanks!

Which Death Star?  10188 didn't have a shell, and 10143 didn't have any minifigures.

Thanks for the input. I thought the newer DS has a partial shell on it.

I don't think I'll bite at 200. I was thinking 150 max, since there are a lot of unknowns. I buying to build even though it is put together. I think my son will really like it.

If I remember right, there's a little bit at the top, but for the most part, it is open rooms depicting different scenes from both movies that it is present.  Mine's been stored away for years now, but it is a very fun build, even though the grey can get tedious at times.