4000010 - LEGO House

TheOrcKing

Is it worth getting one of these around $80 or is that too much? What is the ceiling on this set in the US?

Hard to say.  It is a very exclusive set, sold only in shop in Billund.  While it is not an Architecture set by number, it compliments the collection quite well.  It also has a minifigure, which makes it more appealing.  I would say $80 is a fair price for this set in the US.  I bought a case and we will see what happens.  

Hard to say.  It is a very exclusive set, sold only in shop in Billund.  While it is not an Architecture set by number, it compliments the collection quite well.  It also has a minifigure, which makes it more appealing.  I would say $80 is a fair price for this set in the US.  I bought a case and we will see what happens.  

Would you pay that much for one for investing? Where did you get a case if you don't mind me asking?

Would you pay that much for one for investing? Where did you get a case if you don't mind me asking?

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1?ff3=2&toolid=10041&campid=5337057111&customid=setsEBAY-US&lgeo=1&vectorid=229466&item=141387173008

Works out to $73 each.  The seller was excellent.  I got them in less than a week.

• 1 month later...

There's two Danish guys selling these on Bricklink for around

Edited by tractorboy

• 5 months later...

Has anybody heard anything in relation how rare this set actually is? I mean, sure it's exclusive to Billing at the moment, but. if Lego keeps producing these sets well after the completion of the real Lego House the set wouldn't exactly be rare any more.

Is there a very limited number of these available or something?

• 2 months later...

I predict that its going to be a winner. Almost 2017 when its done and not sold after opening the real Lego house. Can't wait till its done, this will be cash in my pocket ;)!

​I have heard stirrings that TLG will do a true architecture set for "The LEGO House" after it is completed. I would not be surprised. Plus this set 4000010 would make it a nice combo.

This place is going to be really neat, and I expect it will be something of a LEGO Mecca.

This is one article: http://rebrickable.com/blog/2014/4000010-lego-house 

Lego-visitor-centre-by-BIG_dezeen_03.jpg

Edited by Baseace

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Hello Guys,

just got the info from a friend of mine who owns a shop near to the real lego house building site in Billund that the last production run of the 4000010 is done! So its time to load up on this set! The real building will be done till the end of 2016. And that will be the time that this set will increase its value. Can't wait to see it with prices of 50€+ next christmas. I grap my sets in January .

Greetings,

Christian

• 5 weeks later...

How many of these sets do people think might have been made? Sometimes I get the feeling some of these 'limited' sets are produced in bigger numbers than some regular sets. This will have had a two year production run at least, with a steady stream of resellers loading up on it. I find it surprising that they would cease production on it, just before the real house opens. Lego would sell a ton of these to visitors once it does open.

Edited by tractorboy

On 1/18/2016 at 5:00 AM, tractorboy said:

How many of these sets do people think might have been made? Sometimes I get the feeling some of these 'limited' sets are produced in bigger numbers than some regular sets. This will have had a two year production run at least, with a steady stream of resellers loading up on it. I find it surprising that they would cease production on it, just before the real house opens. Lego would sell a ton of these to visitors once it does open.

This wasn't a limited set. Since 2014 the reselling price has plummeted dramatically.

Just walk into, say, a shoe store in Billund, and "Oh, how many would you like? You don't want to buy more? It's popular to sell online!"

25 minutes ago, minicoopers11 said:

This wasn't a limited set. Since 2014 the reselling price has plummeted dramatically.

Just walk into, say, a shoe store in Billund, and "Oh, how many would you like? You don't want to buy more? It's popular to sell online!"

Yeah, that's what I mean. I meant limited availability, in that it's only on sale in Billund. But they seem to be pumping out as many as resellers can stock up on. Then I bet most of those get sold to other resellers.

Looking at Bricklink's January sales figures... of the 120 that were sold, 108 went to resellers. In December it looks like 24 out of 30 sold went to resellers.

It could be a nice unique set to have for a long hold, but it looks like a reseller driven market at the moment with little end user interest.