6865 Avenging Cycle

Toran

Hi guys.

I've just came across several 6865 sets in a local store for 15,30 euro.

I think this is a great deal and I bought one but I was wondering if you think it may be wise to buy more. The boxes were a bit damaged (corners smashed and such). What woulf you recommend?

Thanks!

Yeah, the red skull set will overtake avenging cycle ilike desert skiff will to jabbas prize.... Avenging cycles heyday was short lived in this case. It's still a cool set I picked one up a couple of weeks back to open for my personal collection, but I waited for it to drop from 25 to 15 GBP.

I have a bunch of 6865s and I'm content to sit on these long term. Completionists will still be looking for these eventually and prices could come back around after the online stocks of them drop off. Or so I hope!

This is true for most of appreciated licensed lego sets.

Guest TabbyBoy

The 6865 gravy train derailed weeks ago thanks to the Hydra set which is better and often discounted. Buy 6865 at -50% or less otherwise leave them alone. The same is happening with old/new Hulk sets. The problem with Super Heroes is that you sometimes have a small selling window before values plummet. I personally can't be bothered and now invest elsewhere ie. Exclusives and Modulars.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a bunch of 6865s and I'm content to sit on these long term. Completionists will still be looking for these eventually and prices could come back around after the online stocks of them drop off. Or so I hope!

That completionist could be me. I have all the 2012 super heroes except the 6865. I would like to have one to complete the 2012 collection. Can anybody miss one for a reasonable price?

What are all your thoughts about the 2013 wave? I have only the tumbler. I want to get them all but I just cannot put myself to it. The 2012 wave was much nicer in my opinion. I saw the 2014 wave a few days ago and they are very nice! Which sets of the 2013 wave are a must have / good investment?

The only bad sets from 2013 are the two smallest superman sets. Tumbler is the best vehicle set, bugle showdown has dr doom and beetle, 3 great figs in the artic batman, they are all good sets, iron man 3 sets each have something good about them figures wise, Malibu mansion maybe the best investment of these, my strategy is to buy the when a set if at a good price, only one I missed out on is the bugle at 26.66 but it still has a good few months before eol, so even if I end up paying 30 I think I would have done ok with this set.

What are all your thoughts about the 2013 wave? I have only the tumbler. I want to get them all but I just cannot put myself to it. The 2012 wave was much nicer in my opinion. I saw the 2014 wave a few days ago and they are very nice! Which sets of the 2013 wave are a must have / good investment?

Out of the super heroes sets: 10937 Arkham Asylum for sure. My

The 6865 gravy train derailed weeks ago thanks to the Hydra set which is better and often discounted.

How can a set that just came out be often discounted? :scratchhead:

The problem with Super Heroes is that you sometimes have a small selling window before values plummet.

Then I guess the trick would be to get a feel for that selling window and work accordingly.

I`ve managed to almost x2 my money on a few of these locally thus far. Paid an average of $16 and change and sold them easily with minimal effort for $30. 20seconds to post an add, and a couple of minutes here and there to reply to emails and set up times etc. Got a few more I`ll likely save for Christmas, but may sell in the mean time. Honesty I`ve always viewed a set like this as a means to get quick money to buy larger sets. I`ve sold other stuff localy and have done quite well IMO, for virtually no work. This is a hobby for me, one that makes money on the side, so I love everything about it, and of course all you find folks on here :thumbsup: