I'm going to Legoland and Lego store - what to buy?

legone

I'm going to Florida Legoland and will also drop by Downtown Disney Lego store next week. What should I look for that's not easily found elsewhere?

Legoland also gives 10% discount for annual ticket holder (which I don't have, and will cost $100 if I decide to buy one).

Any advice is appreciated.

I know the Legoland Florida was this way, but I'm not sure if the same applies to other Legolands.  There should be signs posted near the register saying they don't accept VIP points if they don't.  At least thats what they did at the Florida one.

Ramsden, thanks for the heads up.

Also for MOCers, regarding Pick-A-Brick wall and the similar one in Legoland shop:

- What are the pieces or kinds of pieces that you normally find wanting to have more? (I know this depends on what you create but still want to hear from you)

- Is it generally better to pick bricks by volume (Lego store) or by weight (Legoland)?

Thanks.

Guest brickcrazyhouse

went to the Florida one last year and they had barrels of polybags keep an eye out they had the zombie coffin car but I wasn't smart enough to load up on them

When I was at Legoland Florida last month, they a huge stack of Mars Rovers in the shop attached to the "Factory Tour" near the entrance.  They also had lots of polybags in all of the stores.  Check them all, and you might find some old ones.  The knight store has a lot of the old knight 5 packs that come in the shape of a shield.  They also had a lot of the large sets that were recently retired, but no discounts on them.  I remember seeing stacks of Unimogs.

I didn't buy much since I was flying home, and I didn't want pay to check another suitcase.