Cashing Out - Christmas Price Spikes

cvail8

Happy December! It's that happy time of year when desperate parents pay ridiculous prices because they waited to buy that Lego set that sold out. I thought it would be good to start a thread where we can track what sets are spiking so that if you need to cash out on a few sets, you can make the best decisions. So far, I've sold my 4204 The Mine sets that I picked up on the $40 Walmart pricing error. They went for ~$140 apiece. At retail price, not the best profit, but I only bought them to flip quickly so I was happy with that one. The 9455 Ninjago Fangpyre Mech is trading at around $35. Again, not the biggest return on retail, but I picked up a bunch of these on the Wally World 2 for $30 sale, so a pretty nice little flip. The Lego Creationary game is a pretty tough find. They are selling for $60-70 if you can get your hands on one. Chime in with your own sales or ones you have your eye on, and let's all get rich this Christmas!

The following sets that I have been watching closely are either sold out on LEGO Shop at Home, or out of stock and not shipping for a couple weeks (U.S. website by the way): 10228: Haunted House (Out of Stock) 10211: Grand Emporium (Out of Stock) 4202: The Mine (Out of Stock) 10229: Winter Village Cottage (Out of Stock) 4195: Queen Anne's Revenge (Sold Out) 4148: The Black Pearl (Sold Out) 10219: Maersk Train (Sold Out) 10216: Winter Village Bakery (Sold Out) The sets I listed above are the main sets that I have been watching on ebay, and they all seem to be climbing in price nicely, some more than others. Also I just noticed 10218 Pet Shop is currently of stock on the U.S. LEGO Shop at Home now and not shipping till Feburary, so this set could also be a potential quick flip if it gets high enough in price before the holidays, don't forget about those selling fees though as they chew into profit.

It looks like the 4148 Black Pearl has weathered the storm (har har) of the Black Friday price cut and is selling around $130. Not too bad if you picked them up at $75. A few of the Potter sets are inching up, notably the Hogwarts Castle 4842 which is trading at around $200. I picked up a few of these for around $80 so it might be time to unload a couple.