Hello from Portugal

I recently noticed the growing trend of LEGO and decided to take a shot at it. I have been selling other types of toys in ebay ( nick: sw.pt) and after finding this site I went out to ToysrUS and bought 3 building sets. I can understand how this can be addicted and hope to buy a few more sets in the next couple of months.

Did you buy the sets to build or to invest in? If you bought them to invest in just to give you a heads up TRU marks up their inventory from retail, that being said you can find a decent deal once in a while from them. You can get much better deals in other stores and websites. If you are interested let me know and I can give you a few suggestions on where most of us here get our sets.

Oops, it seems I did just that. I think in Portugal, the only other place to buy LEGOs is the LEGO WEAR shops, that carry a lot of big LEGO sets. But LEGO WEAR is even more expensive than TRU. I thought of buying them on eBay but them the shipping cost will aslo hurt me. Any sugestions ? P.S: Investigating LEGO sets to apply my money in has turned out to be a very fun way to spend some time, at first selling vintage toys on ebay felt just llike this ;)

Oops, it seems I did just that. I think in Portugal, the only other place to buy LEGOs is the LEGO WEAR shops, that carry a lot of big LEGO sets. But LEGO WEAR is even more expensive than TRU. I thought of buying them on eBay but them the shipping cost will aslo hurt me. Any sugestions ?

P.S: Investigating LEGO sets to apply my money in has turned out to be a very fun way to spend some time, at first selling vintage toys on ebay felt just llike this ;)

Have you ever tried AMAZON.COM in SPAIN??? Amazon is fantastic.

Just took a look at it and you're right, it's way cheaper than TRU. The only set that I found that it was actually cheaper on TRU was the Hoth Echo Base, that I can buy for 75 euros here. I'm planing on buying 2 of these, any comments/advices ?

Just took a look at it and you're right, it's way cheaper than TRU. The only set that I found that it was actually cheaper on TRU was the Hoth Echo Base, that I can buy for 75 euros here. I'm planing on buying 2 of these, any comments/advices ?

I like the Hoth Echo Base. Solid choice. Good minifigure selection.