Most anticipated set of 2014?

I wish the Sandcrawler grabbed me but it just isn't that being said I'll probably get a few in 2015-16.  I'm really looking forward to Benny's spaceship.  I had a bunch of those sets as a kid and I'm looking at it as my personal UCS even though it isn't a actual UCS.  I also like Ghostbusters and that Curiosity Rover.

I think by now we have seen everything that either has or will come out with the exception of the year's usual entry for the Winter Village and perhaps a couple of unknown odd bits but far as my own personal most anticipated set of 2014 as in "There is no waiting. I must have this!" is, well, I'll just give you a single clue. "He slimed me...." ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_pR6mUYtOo

• Like 1

Since I build with my Daughters (4 &7) and their friends, Sunshine Ranch and Minstorm is all they talk about, besides the new trains and how the will change them ( more Princess blue, Yellow and Pink).  Me myself I like the Ghostbusters, but I think I might make a few board games. Setters of Catan, Carcassonne, Alhambra, 7 wonders, and I think King of Tokyo would be fun in Lego's. 

I'm still going with Ecto 1 followed closely by spaceship spaceship SPACESHIP! (I really hope it says that on the box). This may be blasphemy, but I'm getting a little sick of all the Star Wars sets. Yes they're nice, but from a creative standpoint I think having such a large focus on Star Wars is taking away from some of the other lines.

That's an extremely impressive set. Not my kind of thing, since I collect very specific themes and sets, but I assume that a lot of people will agree with your statement.

A good percentage of AFOL's like Lego for the "model" aspect of it, so I can see why most large exclusives are designed to depict realistic buildings, vehicles, etc.  Let's face it - Lego has essentially replaced model kit building for many adult (and kid) hobbyists.  This is a big reason I like the Sea Cow set.  As much as I love the realistic models, Sea Cow is such a creative departure from reality models.  It also is the first large scale model to incorporate a Steampunk element.

That said, I can see how a good chunk of large set collectors may not be into The Sea Cow since it's not a realistic depiction of anything, a completely understandable and legitimate opinion. 

Mine is probably the Parisian Restaurant still.  I think it was available Jan 1, so I'm counting it for 2014.  I'm sure I will grab it during double points.  Right below that is the whole Sandcrawler/AT-AT/Cantina/Imperial Destroyer sets.  Ecto-1 is there as well and the upcoming Star Wars UCS whatever it ends up being. 

The fall Hobbit sets will be "must gets" when they come out as well.

It's early in the year so many things could still be yet to be announced.  At this stage from a personal collection point of view I'm underwhelmed.  With no certainty on an LotR wave 3 there will be a big hole in my personal buying if it doesn't happen.  I gave up collecting all but my favorite display model type Star Wars sets a while ago.  The Sandcrawler may make the list, but I'm not sure yet.  The Simpson CMF line will get a full buy from me as well.