***Policy Regarding Changing of Username***

I would just like to make a quick post regarding the asking of us to change your username. We honestly get way too many of these.  When you are registering for an online community, you have to realize that at some point your username will be public.  There is actually bold red text on the registration form that says your username will be your public profile and no name changes will be made.  We are also getting closer to the launch of Brick Classifieds and this is where it really becomes important.  I have been building in a lot of security measures to help prevent fake accounts, multiple accounts, etc.  We want people who are using the classifieds to feel that they know who they are dealing with.  So moving forward, unless there is something majorly obscene or bad about your username, most of these requests will be ignored.

Thank you

• Like 3

I would just like to make a quick post regarding the asking of us to change your username. We honestly get way too many of these.  When you are registering for an online community, you have to realize that at some point your username will be public.  There is actually bold red text on the registration form that says your username will be your public profile and no name changes will be made.  We are also getting closer to the launch of Brick Classifieds and this is where it really becomes important.  I have been building in a lot of security measures to help prevent fake accounts, multiple accounts, etc.  We want people who are using the classifieds to feel that they know who they are dealing with.  So moving forward, unless there is something majorly obscene or bad about your username, most of these requests will be ignored.

Thank you

Not bothering to respond when someone contacts you is rude... even if you do not intend to honor the person's request, common courtesy dictates a response.

Not bothering to respond when someone contacts you is rude... even if you do not intend to honor the person's request, common courtesy dictates a response.

If you don't get a response.  Feel free to message the moderators as well, one of us will respond.

Or maybe there are so many other things going on with running an excellent site such as this that there is sometimes simply no time to acknowledge all these requests. This is a general response and seems to meet your criteria, does it not?

• Like 2

Pardon my feelings on the matter, but calling out the owner of a free site which insane amounts of time outside of a normal job are spent on the site in which no money is earned from (they do it for fun) seems to be way more rude to me.

It really makes me wonder how people can be so blatantly disrespectful to the people that make things like this possible. Hell - as one of the most vocal members on the site, I get more messages than I can respond to. I miss them every once in a while. It doesn't mean I don't care and certainly doesn't mean I don't want people asking me questions. More I just forget because I am a NORMAL HUMAN BEING with a job and life just like Jeff (less so because he probably has children, etc.).

So lets just think before we post asinine comments please?

AGkeene - I am sure your feelings on Lego sets will be much more appreciated :)

• Like 3

Just curious, what color is the sky in the happy land of "LA-LA"

Dudes bust their ass to provide you a free service and you think they owe some idiot who can't read a response?!?!  (I'm not sure you are old enough but if you are, I know which way you vote.)

• Like 5

Just curious, what color is the sky in the happy land of "LA-LA"

Dudes bust their ass to provide you a free service and you think they owe some idiot who can't read a response?!?!  (I'm not sure you are old enough but if you are, I know which way you vote.)

I am dying. So needed a good laugh this morning. Thank you sir.

I say charge $1000.00. LOL. On a serious note, I know Jeff gets a lot of these requests. Each one he gets, it takes away from time that he can be doing something else on the site to improve it. If an honest mistake is made, that's one thing, but many of these requests are made by paranoid people afraid that LEGO is monitoring this site looking for people to ban because they visit this site.

Trust me....LEGO is not monitoring people on this site. They could care less.

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker

Also , as Jeff stated, there are many different levels of security he is adding for the Brick Classifieds so that people don't make dummy accounts and such. The name you pick remains in the system regardless if whether or not you change the visible name.

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker

Not really .. when I get $1 dollar offers on ebay for a $100 dollar item I ignore them .. if you do not get a response within a reasonable timeframe the answer is probably not what you were looking for .. move along .. dont be so petty :(

its a free site and im sure the owners mods. are using their resources and time to address actual concerns. Be alittle more appreciative please.

• Like 2