10224 - Town Hall

Ed Mack

What year will 10224 Town Hall be officially retired?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. What year will 10224 Town Hall be officially retired?

• In 2014, tagged or labeled "retired"
    • In 2015 or later, tagged or labeled "retired"

Nonsense. I gave people plenty of hints it was retiring. Some of you chose to ignore it. Others figured it out and bought 10 or more of the set.

The next set to retire is....

I am counting on you letting me know which set it is - by purchasing one from me above retail :)

Nonsense. I gave people plenty of hints it was retiring. Some of you chose to ignore it. Others figured it out and bought 10 or more of the set.

Interesting.

It sounds like you may have a feeling about one and are about to drop a unique hint.

Does anyone else feel like marcandre and valencariac and are turning their town halls into Red 5, Sea Cow or another set?

It is an intriguing thought about turning 10 town halls into 20 or so Sea Cows.

I still am thinking the town hall may turn a better return in 2 to 3 more years than a sea cow but now you have me questioning that I should save a couple of town halls and flip and move on at $500 each.

Interesting.

It sounds like you may have a feeling about one and are about to drop a unique hint.

Does anyone else feel like marcandre and valencariac and are turning their town halls into Red 5, Sea Cow or another set?

It is an intriguing thought about turning 10 town halls into 20 or so Sea Cows.

I still am thinking the town hall may turn a better return in 2 to 3 more years than a sea cow but now you have me questioning that I should save a couple of town halls and flip and move on at $500 each.

I would get rid of half of my Town Halls if it hits $500 plus shipping.

• Like 1

I think that putting all eggs in one basket is not a great idea. I sold my damaged THs for three reasons; they were bought at a low price anyway so a healthy margin has already been obtained, selling them for 400 plus might have presented a problem as buyers would rightly complain about the quality (they were pretty beat up), the liquidity is being used to reinvest in other sets that have just gone EOL but are still kicking around in limited supply.

The next 60 days will say a lot about where the TH is headed so I will hold the mint ones and see as there will always be a chance to drop them at a lower price if needs be.

Edited by valenciaeric

Another point I learnt from dropping the first ones is that all the buyers had missed out on GE and FB too so if I had had more of those two I could have made some sweet combis.

So it is really important to have a balanced portfolio or make deals with other BP

I think that putting all eggs in one basket is not a great idea. I sold my damaged THs for three reasons; they were bought at a low price anyway so a healthy margin has already been obtained, selling them for 400 plus might have presented a problem as buyers would rightly complain about the quality (they were pretty beat up), the liquidity is being used to reinvest in other sets that have just gone EOL but are still kicking around in limited supply.

The next 60 days will say a lot about where the TH is headed so I will hold the mint ones and see as there will always be a chance to drop them at a lower price if needs be.

It has been proven many times that box condition means nothing in the world of EOL.

Well it did to all the resellers who asked for photos and turned their noses up at them when they had the chance!

One thing is a small ding or two but when all four corners are pancaked I just thought it was too great a risk to push them for 400-500 and have an issue with a buyer. The more you pay the more you expect. In any case the profits have been well reinvested in some other below MSRP exclusives  that are already appreciating nicely (the window of opportunity closes quickly and waiting would have meant missing the boat ot paying a lot more) 

Speaking of the run-up on Town Hall prices, there's been some fairly dramatic run-up in GE prices on the European sites.  Check out ebay.co.uk, or any of the Amazon europe sites.  GE is closing in on FB prices, and is within 20 pounds/20 euros of FB there.  I said this a few days ago.  The frenzy around the retired modulars which pushed up TH pricing is/will come to GE.  At current US prices, it's $150 below every other retired modular.  I really do think GE will see some nice increases here in the US in the next few months.  If nothing else, the dichotomy with European pricing on GE can't last.   Bottom line: $240 for GE here in the US is pretty good deal right now, for those that missed the boat and couldn't get one a RRP.   I see a $100-$150 in QFLL opportunity on GE in the next month or two.

Unlike at the beginning of this thread I shall not go on with a thousand posts about potential retirement from Ed's comments.

So here is my one prediction and I have no inside information to substantiate my guess.

I have learned on brickpicker that one of the best things to see what is going to retire is to watch stock levels bouncing in and out and having no stock.

I believe Ed will post soon in the Red Five thread that this thread is about to get interesting.

Unfortunately I only have two of this set and I want to have at least ten.  I need to get busy with Target but I have just been taking a break from buying.

I think the next set is Red Five.  That is my one and only guess.

• Like 2

Yes you did. Your first hint was that "this thread would become very busy" back in September 2014. Some of us here already got the word before that and some respected members blowed the whistle early and got made fun of. See pages 1 to 4 of this thread.

Nevertheless, that is history now. Important is that this set is gold. I will keep mine for a long time till most stocks are dried up. Maybe sell one or two before that to cash in a bit.

However not everybody believed you. So no nonsense in my post. 

Yes you did. Your first hint was that "this thread would become very busy" back in September 2014. Some of us here already got the word before that and some respected members blowed the whistle early and got made fun of. See pages 1 to 4 of this thread.

Nevertheless, that is history now. Important is that this set is gold. I will keep mine for a long time till most stocks are dried up. Maybe sell one or two before that to cash in a bit.

However not everybody believed you. So no nonsense in my post.

Sorry, I wasn't really saying your post was nonsense. It's just a way to say that I disagree. I think I picked that up from a TV show when I was a kid.

Sorry, I wasn't really saying your post was nonsense. It's just a way to say that I disagree. I think I picked that up from a TV show when I was a kid.

No worries. You can make it up to me/us by giving us the hint that Red-5 will retire soon.

Edited by Ciglione