Indigo (Canada) March BrickBreak

weakside

Got an email this morning, 20% off all month long on select Lego in store and online: Movie, SuperHeroes, Chima, City, SW, Duplo and minifigs. 

Not HOT but worth it if you want to use up any Plum Pts, have a gift card or stack a 10%-15% off promo code with this promo.  I'll be keeping a look out for a couple sets in mind...use up my $200 gift card.   

Seems like March-May are busy 'buying' months with promo's...got the minifig promo with Lego.ca in March...than 2x vip in April...May 4th promo :)  Hope to see some decent TRU and Amazon.ca deals scattered next few months too.   

Happy shopping.   

• Like 1

Thanks! I just called my local store and they have the same sale in store... I'll be picking up a few sets tonigh; it's the first time I see the lego movie sets on sale, my daughter wants the ice cream truck/machine :)

Welcome to the forums.  I purchased the Cloud Cuckoo Palace recently for my 6yr old niece...the ice cream truck seems to be a favourite too, 20% off makes it reasonable now :) 

Thanks for the warm welcome! There are some interesting sets for the movie for sure. My son is big time into Star Wars (and so am I lol) and we all are really. My daughter comes up with the funniest stories while playing with the Star Wars sets and what I particularly enjoy about this golden age of Lego we are in are also the superheroes! Mixing in Marvel and DC characters with the Star Wars universe = countless hours of fun!

Bought a couple Batmobile-two face chase sets just now.  At 20% off it comes to just over $51 before tax which is essentially US retail for this set.  I think this is a pretty good buy and could be a nice profit come Christmas!  This set isn't listed as "retired" but everyone knows it is.

Bought a couple Batmobile-two face chase sets just now.  At 20% off it comes to just over $51 before tax which is essentially US retail for this set.  I think this is a pretty good buy and could be a nice profit come Christmas!  This set isn't listed as "retired" but everyone knows it is.

shhhhhhh... that was one of the sets I was going to load up on hehe. I think it's a good buy...at that price.

haha, no problem.  I'm sure most members contributing on this forum and all the lurkers know already.  Yeah, I've sold a few already over $100/decent margin so it's a winner.  Hope sales stay strong and maybe prices even increase by x-mas like you said when it's really hard to find/sold out.  I think I read our US friends are having a hard time finding them and restocking their inventory.  

I was going to hold off until the weekend/tomorrow to see if there's any 'weekend promo code' to stack but figured this set might be all gone.  So I just refreshed my inventory with 8 more sets (thought about scooping all 13 available at the time lol)...used my $200 gift card to off set credit card bill.  There's currently 5 more left in stock...which will be gone by midnight today if not earlier I think.  

Too bad the Wolverine Choppers is not available anymore at $19 :)  It would be worth maxing out the credit card for sure lol.

The batcave is not a bad purchase too at $71 CAN...apparently it's not retiring this year (general opinion on the forum) so I'll hold off.  

If you need/want the new Batman Pursuit or Man-Bat Attack for personal use or gift, now is a good time to get it...first sale domestically on these sets.  But for others who resell might make sense to hold off until March this weekend to buy from Lego.ca and get the bonus minifig and sell that to recoup costs.  Get your Lego vip pts.  

Would be sweeter if Indigo had their bonus plum pts event now too.  

What are plum points?  I want those! lol

Nevermind, I just investigated these so called plum points.  I now have my plum points card, which seems like I can only collect on in-store purchases.

once you have an account with plum points attached I believe online purchases add to your plum points as well. if you bought something before signing up... you can bring receipt to store and get credit. the pts add up.

Stupid work, missed out on the two face chase, but glad CND pickers got them!

what happened? sold out? didn't check stock again. there were less than 20 sets left last week. Too bad you couldn't get more or at least one more.

once you have an account with plum points attached I believe online purchases add to your plum points as well. if you bought something before signing up... you can bring receipt to store and get credit. the pts add up.

what happened? sold out? didn't check stock again. there were less than 20 sets left last week. Too bad you couldn't get more or at least one more.

Thanks for the info on plum points.  I will bring in my receipts for sure!

also, as of now there are 10 Two face chase's available.  They must have found some more lol

Thanks for the info on plum points.  I will bring in my receipts for sure!

also, as of now there are 10 Two face chase's available.  They must have found some more lol

maybe some had buyers remorse and cancelled their order.

Yeah, sometimes there's bonus Plum pts offers online and instore...just like Lego vip pts, you'll be surprised how quickly $5 turns to $10 and so on.  It's free loyalty program so might as well use it.  And if you don't mind junk mail, you can be on their mailing list for clearance sales or get a heads up on promo's like this one.

I need to save up for GE and TB so I think my order of 8 Two Face Chase is enough.  Plus, 10 in stock gives others a chance to pick some up.  

I think Chapters/Indigo will be very busy this weekend as parents stock up on Lego Movie stuff.  I have a little kid myself but sometimes I see parents treat the store like a daycare and let their kids run around unsupervised.  I've seen many tantrums at the Thomas-the-Train table haha. As long as it brings in sales I guess.  I still don't get or know who some people can just grab a book and sit there to read through it...like the whole book lol (end of rant).        

hmm do they have cloud cuckoo palace? might have to grab one! this is the first time ive seen the lego movie sets on discount.

yup, they do...$19.96.  First time movie sets and some new superheroes sets on sale here in Canada by a big chain.  Free shipping on +$25.  I always like Indigo shipping and packaging...good boxes.  If I wanted to be a pain guess I could of made 8 separate single orders of Two Face Chase to get free boxes  :shifty:

Yikes! almost missed this.

Grabbed a couple Two Face Chases :D

For some reason i didn't get any e-mails about this thread, even though i'm following the whole "Canada" forum.. hmmm

Good stuff.  8 more left I guess.  Sandwraithx, your money was better spent on this set than Weathertops :)   

Good stuff.  8 more left I guess.  Sandwraithx, your money was better spent on this set than Weathertops :)   

Haha that it was.

I tend to invest in sets i really like. Which can be a gift and a curse, i really like any LOTR set, but Weathertop certainly seems like it may take a while to get up there. I'm actually not a huge fan of two face chase (this iteration of the Batmobile isn't my favourite), but i have been selling a few at good returns.

On a related note %20 off the new Batmobile/Riddler Chase isn't bad at all for personal collections, i may just get one :D

Just found this site/app.

Lots of great info. I'm going to have to try to finish my sons Lego Movie minifig set. Under $3 a pack is a nice deal.

MeadorsMusings

iPhoneinCanada

welcome aboard MeadorMusings. yeah I will be picking up a few minifigures for my son too... we have 4 so far... want to save some for him to open after we see the movie. nice to have another Canadian join...I think we have two first time posters on this topic - I should get bonus pts! jk.
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...