How to Earn Brickpoints

Everyones brickpoints are being tracked. There will be a better display coming soon since it will have a bigger role in the classifieds.  For now the best ways to get points are to produce blog content and do reviews.  Others is posting in the forum.  There will be an update on this in the near future.  As always right now, we are changing things to try and find the best fit that will work with all the systems.

I am not even seeing any brickpoints since transition to wordpress, and I thought i had some...

You can still see them in your profile.

You earn them by posting, doing anything on the site. I believe it is this:

Review - up to 500, usually around 2-300

blog - Up to 500 or more if Ed/Jeff are feeling generous

Posting a comment - 1

have your comment "liked" - 1

post a topic - 5

Anything I missed?

You get a point for logging in everyday.  Jeff has been hard at work behind the scenes on two major updates for the site, The Brick Classifieds and a secret feature that is damn cool IMO.  The Brickpoints will play a major role in the Classifieds in that people will be able to utilize them to list their LEGO sets for sale or trade, so as Jeff stated, we will address the whole Brickpoints process in detail when the time is right, but it is all getting tracked.

I just wanted to let everyone know that Jeff is working very hard to improve the site and add features, but with anything worthwhile, it takes time.  There are many things that happen in the daily workings of the site that need attention and take away from other "new" stuff.  You would be surprised how simple issues with members, servers, code, or whatever will suck time away from creative endeavors.  

• Like 2

Jeff has to validate every entry before awarding the points. Given the site improvement projects on his plate, set information validation is likely near the bottom of his to do list

I know how much work that can take. Hopefully they'll be able to manage everything once this site explodes with popularity in the next coming months! Just curious how much stuff they juggle, but it appears to be quite a few tasks. Keep up the great work everyone!

Thanks for everything!

Jeff has to validate every entry before awarding the points. Given the site improvement projects on his plate, set information validation is likely near the bottom of his to do list

Honestly, yes, you hit the nail on the head for this one. Those of you that submitted some, you should see some notifications in your forum messages that they were approved.  There are probably a bunch of 2014 sets in here now that can use some info.  

• Like 1