Modular houses - building tips & inspirations

TheOrcKing

• Replies 975
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please excuse the cross-post, but what do people in this dedicated thread think about this underground extension and the general idea of not building something into/onto a Modular but putting a complete set beneath it? Do you think there is a demand for something like this among Modular collectors (or more likely one-time buyers?)?

https://ideas.lego.com/content/project/link/d5c2a435-8082-40f6-a76c-697b14ae7317

1.thumb.jpg.836a92f7fbf5ee3ef5157b0e70c950b2.jpg

• Like 1

I would think the market for something like this is small. I think most people just build and forget.

Putting something under a modular is a process. One way would be to modify the build it sits on to accept a baseplate. It obviously can’t connect without something to interface to what’s on the baseplate.

The second would be to take the baseplate out of the equation. Start the build on a plate and go from there.

16 minutes ago, Alpinemaps said:

I would think the market for something like this is small. I think most people just build and forget.

Putting something under a modular is a process. One way would be to modify the build it sits on to accept a baseplate. It obviously can’t connect without something to interface to what’s on the baseplate.

The second would be to take the baseplate out of the equation. Start the build on a plate and go from there.

You actually do connect the Basement only by putting 3 to 4 clips onto the edges of the Modular's Baseplate, after removing/replacing the tiles there. This should take about 20 seconds - that's a rather short "process":

7_Baseplate_dritte.thumb.jpg.bdf423798f25238a27baf33bba066d26.jpg

Edited by Frank Brickowski
  • Like 2

You actually do connect the Basement only by putting 3 to 4 clips onto the edges of the Modular's Baseplate, after removing/replacing the tiles there. This should take about 20 seconds - that's a rather short "process":

http://bp-forum.s3.amazonaws.com/monthly_2020_09/7_Baseplate_dritte.thumb.jpg.bdf423798f25238a27baf33bba066d26.jpg

Oh that’s cool. Make it easy and people would be much more interested