Lego switching back to punch tab boxes?

I was at Target yesterday and noticed that the Rancor Pit sets they had in store had the punch tab type boxes. I know the ones I grabbed from Lego store had the sticker seals. Maybe Lego is switching back to punch tab boxes even for larger sets to avoid theft? I hope that's the case! Anyone else seeing this for other sets?

I like the new, sealed boxes much better for saving the boxes in my collection. I cut all 4 seals, lay the boxes flat, and slip them in a gigantic 4xl ziplock and store in garage or under bed or closet. The old punch tab boxes are harder to get to lay flat (I have to use a knife) and I always seem to still damage the box some.

However I do see the advantage of mitigating MISB scams by going back to punch tab boxes.

---Keep it secret. Keep it safe.---

Guest brickcrazyhouse

I was at Target yesterday and noticed that the Rancor Pit sets they had in store had the punch tab type boxes. I know the ones I grabbed from Lego store had the sticker seals. Maybe Lego is switching back to punch tab boxes even for larger sets to avoid theft? I hope that's the case! Anyone else seeing this for other sets?

guess I won't be getting rid of those books and puzzle pieces now

• 2 weeks later...

People will complain no matter what, huh?

Punch tabs will save headaches when reselling, but we are complaining...

Doesn't make sense? LOL

There are also collectors on this site. Since I am both, I can see where they are coming from. Cutting all the four seals on a box makes it easier to store the box. On the other hand, the punch tabs give more security to the investors who do not want to be stuck with a Lego set(s) that have a book and puzzle pieces in it.