how does a non star wars fan tell the difference

hxckid88

I am not a star wars fan at all. Is there anything on the box or anyway besides doing research and such to differentiate between a star wars sets, clone wars or the prequel people speak of. I can easily pick out winners and such and know what I will and wont buy  I was wondering if there is a way to tell without research and common sense.

I am not a star wars fan at all. Is there anything on the box or anyway besides doing research and such to differentiate between a star wars sets, clone wars or the prequel people speak of. I can easily pick out winners and such and know what I will and wont buy  I was wondering if there is a way to tell without research and common sense.

Nope. You just have to watch all 6 movies :D  :D  :D     Just do me a favor and start with episode IV / New Hope when you watch. 

This actually explained your fascination with the JEK set  ;) ;)

Jek set???? I've seen the movies. They weren't bad. They weren't great. Average movie. I've seen lotr. I thought about suicide after from the blunt boredom trauma. Ever seen clerks 2. That's how I feel about that.

Maybe I was confusing you with someone else on JEK....

Average movie ? ok pickleboy, do your worst on him :D :D :D

And you do not like Lord of the Rings either... my o my.. your days here are numbered.. ;) "Fly, you fools !!"

Jek set???? I've seen the movies. They weren't bad. They weren't great. Average movie. I've seen lotr. I thought about suicide after from the blunt boredom trauma. Ever seen clerks 2. That's how I feel about that.

Maybe I was confusing you with someone else on JEK....

Average movie ? ok pickleboy, do your worst on him :D :D :D

And you do not like Lord of the Rings either... my o my.. your days here are numbered..  ;) "Fly, you fools !!"

Don't forget not liking Clerks 2. Somebody get a rope so we can hang 'em high. :bug: :hang:

to me its pretty simple.

if the set has anything to do with the original film - episode 4, i would stock up on it.

there never would have been 5 films if episode 4 didn't kick so much a$$.

x-wings, tie fighters and millennium falcons are 2 years out now are especially attractive because they are in the sweet spot price point to easily double or triple for both parents buying for kids and adults in the future when the new trilogy comes out and the old trilogy is rediscovered by a new generation.  y- wing fighters which are out of stock on lego.com can be had for less than retail by a few dollars at TRU.  i think this is also a pretty good target for appreciation.  i have a hard time believing there are loads of people ready to drop 800 or 1000 on a death star but still all it takes is a few to make it worth it.  i think x-wings and tie fighters will triple in 3 years.  

stuff from episode V and VI also will be popular.

episodes I-III i'm getting for my own collection or for rare minifigs.

not really into the clone wars cartoons.  maybe i'm missing something here, but i'm more than willing to double down on stuff from episode 4.

• Like 1

Guest brickcrazyhouse

and you wanted a thread for stupid questions from new members.  could let the wwe comments slide but now you've lost all creditability.  

Guest brickcrazyhouse

don't get me wrong was a huge fan before wwe bought out wcw and ecw and will never call it fake (especially with all the bs reality shows on tv) but come on not knowing SW is like some one asking how the new jersey yankees are doing this year

to me its pretty simple.

if the set has anything to do with the original film - episode 4, i would stock up on it.

there never would have been 5 films if episode 4 didn't kick so much a$$.

x-wings, tie fighters and millennium falcons are 2 years out now are especially attractive because they are in the sweet spot price point to easily double or triple for both parents buying for kids and adults in the future when the new trilogy comes out and the old trilogy is rediscovered by a new generation. y- wing fighters which are out of stock on lego.com can be had for less than retail by a few dollars at TRU. i think this is also a pretty good target for appreciation. i have a hard time believing there are loads of people ready to drop 800 or 1000 on a death star but still all it takes is a few to make it worth it. i think x-wings and tie fighters will triple in 3 years.

stuff from episode V and VI also will be popular.

episodes I-III i'm getting for my own collection or for rare minifigs.

not really into the clone wars cartoons. maybe i'm missing something here, but i'm more than willing to double down on stuff from episode 4.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm the same way with LOTR and The Hobbit. I watched 10 minutes of the first LOTR movie several years ago. I don't hate it, I just never got into that stuff. (I'm a huge Star Wars fan though.)