5002130 - Good Morning Bilbo Baggins

damnit i already had to buy a blue ray of the stupid f'ing movie to get the blue coated bilbo now i'm going to have to buy a video game to get this guy, I DONT EVEN OWN A BLUE RAY PLAYER!

Just get a cheap PS3 or the PS4.  I'm not a true collector or completist so won't be buying this for the minifig.  If it was an exclusive Batman or some super hero minifig I might buy a product for it.   

It should be "At your service" as that was what he was wearing with his first encounter with Dwalin and the other dwarves at night.

"Good morning" was when he was sitting down, smoking his pipe when he first encountered Gandalf and was wearing white and yellow if I remember correctly. 

Good memory/detail.  I thought the Hobbit was ok...prefer the 3 LOTRs much more.  Haven't seen the 2'nd hobbit movie yet. 

I also prefer LOTR and whilst I have enjoyed The Hobbit for what it is the purist in me has not been too impressed. I know many liberties were taken with LOTR as well but some of the stuff in The Hobbit movies is sheer nonsense in regards to embellishing the story.

Wasn't a hard title error to pick up though considering how many times I probably watched the first trailer.

Sent from my iPad using Brickpicker

Haha...that is a long time for a grudge! 

Not to get off topic, but I love my PS3's (will wait on the PS4).  Sony has my money for gaming but for TV's I like Samsung.  Never had an Apple product or Xbox. 

Lol. I agree word for word on that post...

ANYWAY...On topic... Cheapest is for the handhelds Nintendo 3DS/PS Vita ($30 US). My brother actually has a 3DS, so I may just get that. Or I'll get it for PS3. Really though, any flipper can probably get this thing sold on ebay as soon as it comes out, hopefully getting the minifig (near) free.

damnit i already had to buy a blue ray of the stupid f'ing movie to get the blue coated bilbo now i'm going to have to buy a video game to get this guy, I DONT EVEN OWN A BLUE RAY PLAYER!

Best get a Blu Ray player. 1080p looks stunning, and you`ll notice a difference on your movies immediately. You can buy them with up-conversion now, so they will increase the quality of your DVDs. No need to upgrade the library then  :thumbsup:

Best get a Blu Ray player. 1080p looks stunning, and you`ll notice a difference on your movies immediately. You can buy them with up-conversion now, so they will increase the quality of your DVDs. No need to upgrade the library then  :thumbsup:

you assume i've purchased a dvd in the last decade... I watch everything i need to when the torrents available

• 1 month later...

Not worth it unless you want to play the game anyway, are a completist or a real big LOTR/Hobbit enthusiast.  The figure is alright.....but to me its not an "essential" one; nowhere near the level of the MARVEL LEGO Iron Patriot figure.  I sure wouldn't fault anyone for wanting it.....but there's something about it that's not exciting. 

Hi everyone. I am thinking of preordering The Lego Hobbit video game solely for obtaining the store exclusive Good Morning Bilbo Baggins. Do you think the minifigure will be a good investment in the future? The minifigure looks great in his patchwork pjs!

Plus, as an investment....it has a buy in price of 49.99.  If you were sure you could get the pre-order and then flip the game for like 40.00 or even cost......that'd be worth it. 

That`s really the issue. You`re spending $50 on a game to get the fig. scuttfarkas got it on the nose, if you can flip the game alone and regain your money/most of it, then the fig could be worth it. If you can`t comfortably do this, but want the figure, I`d just buy one, probably much easier and cost effective that way.

If it's anything like the previous Bilbo that was hard to get, it will be solid.  There was the Blue Coat version that was available with Blu-Ray for Unexpected Journey and it sells for around $40.  Here's the Bricklink Price Guide info:

http://www.bricklink.com/catalogPG.asp?M=lor057

lor057.jpg

Now, I'm not sure the production runs on these, and this one might be more readily available than the Blue Coat, but at least there is precedent for a nice collectable.

That one is worth a pretty big penny for sure. I`ve been toying with the idea of ordering multiple games, but just can`t decide if this figure will be anywhere near the value. If it ultimately ends up being worth the price of the game itself, and you are able to flip the game, then there is money to be made, but my concern would be if the Bilbo settles in the $20 range. I just don`t know, the blue coat looks better IMHO, but maybe more people will want the housecoat?