XXII Olympic Winter Games SOCHI 2014...

brickolodon

USA! Can't wait for hockey to get started. Think Sweden looked pretty strong but now, missing Sedin and Franzen, they may have some trouble scoring. Don't think Russia will have enough depth in goal and on D. I think Canada takes the tourney with St. Loius getting MVP!

That's the kind of prediction I like from our American friends!

I'm hoping Canada stays on top of the medal standings...again (they officially sort by gold medals, in case you are wondering - not suggesting CAN will come close to taking the total medal title)

I watch almost every event that I can, but my heart will be on the hockey games.

It's tough...because I am a Penguins fan. So am I supposed to root for Kane and Kessel (who I don't really like) over guys like Crosby and Kunitz? I guess there are some Pens on the national team (and Bylsma) so I do root for the USA, but wouldn't at all be upset if Canada wins.

I worked with Evan Lysaceks grandfather for about eight years, never thought I would sit and watch men's figure skating, but I've been hearing about Evan since he was about 12. His grandpa was at the games in Toronto and on his first day back at work we decked the whole break room and most of the offices in Red, White, and Blue with a bunch of gold medals scattered throughout. So I'll be watching men's figure skating and everything on a snowboard or skis.

Wish I could agree)  So many great players lost it just 'cause the coach could not make them into a team. 

Why Penguins cannot get Stanley, with a bunch of stars?  Don't tell me it's all 'cause of MAF )))

I don't know! :( Been trying to figure that out myself. I am a MAF fan, so won't say it's because of him. It just seems that when the playoffs roll around they start playing like idiots (See the Philly series two years ago and the Boston series last year). They are a very frustrating team to root for. I like Bylsma too...guess I just have rose colored Penguin glasses on :)

Who's your team, Ronda?

I don't know! :( Been trying to figure that out myself. I am a MAF fan, so won't say it's because of him. It just seems that when the playoffs roll around they start playing like idiots (See the Philly series two years ago and the Boston series last year). They are a very frustrating team to root for. I like Bylsma too...guess I just have rose colored Penguin glasses on :)

Who's your team, Ronda?

Pens)  But I don't like Bylsma and I hate Malkin. 

• 2 weeks later...
Guest eightbrick

Wow that was an epic comeback by the ladies this morning... one of the most improbable wins I've ever seen (sorry Americans... couldn't resist). Looking forward to some more ski cross and the men's semis. 

I obviously want Canada to win but my guess is 3-1 US for tomorrow. Canada just hasn't been able to produce on offense, we almost lost to Latvia of all places lol. Predictions anyone?

Wow that was an epic comeback by the ladies this morning... one of the most improbable wins I've ever seen (sorry Americans... couldn't resist). Looking forward to some more ski cross and the men's semis. 

I obviously want Canada to win but my guess is 3-1 US for tomorrow. Canada just hasn't been able to produce on offense, we almost lost to Latvia of all places lol. Predictions anyone?

To be honest I think the chance is a bit better for Canada. Unless Kessel is very angry for his sister's loss))  I'm not even sure whom I'm with tomorrow - I like them both)  Hope the winner grabs gold in the next game.

I think the Women losing today may provide some motivation as well, but I really think Canada is running into a Buzzsaw. I could be wrong, but the US men's hockey team just looks seriously like they will walk out the building before they are accepting anything less than gold.

What they have been doing to these teams has been just domination, apart from Russia even though I thought they looked like the better team the whole time.

But still fun. I love when the US and Canada compete in stuff.