More girl lego. No icky barbie

hxckid88

Why does it have to be based on reality? I thought part of the very purpose with Lego was unlimited creativity. Okay, it would be odd to see a purple patrol car driving down the streets in real life but as an imaginative toy goes, why not? Far as I know, dragons, orcs, or trolls never existed yet we have plenty of Castle related types of sets with them included. Also, it isn't like any of the Castle sets are completely based on real life fortresses and ramparts.

I have not seen a pink NASA Space Shuttle, or a green Garbage Truck, or even a yellow City Bank in my life but that doesn't mean Lego should be limited to boring old gray color palettes simply because that is 'true to life'. Lego is about creative imagination. In other words, a long series of "Why not?" questions. To me, it would be more ridiculous to not see differently colored designs than a whole lot of the same thing over and over again because, again, that is 'true to life'.

Problem is, and I have seen it before, is that once you make a pink/purple police patrol or a space shuttle, some other consumers will come out and get all fuzzy about Lego doing a pink/purple police patrol or a space shuttle which theoretically aims to girls. Sadly, it's not as simple as it looks, people have too much spare time to mess things up.

Why does it have to be based on reality? I thought part of the very purpose with Lego was unlimited creativity. Okay, it would be odd to see a purple patrol car driving down the streets in real life but as an imaginative toy goes, why not? Far as I know, dragons, orcs, or trolls never existed yet we have plenty of Castle related types of sets with them included. Also, it isn't like any of the Castle sets are completely based on real life fortresses and ramparts.

I have not seen a pink NASA Space Shuttle, or a green Garbage Truck, or even a yellow City Bank in my life but that doesn't mean Lego should be limited to boring old gray color palettes simply because that is 'true to life'. Lego is about creative imagination. In other words, a long series of "Why not?" questions. To me, it would be more ridiculous to not see differently colored designs than a whole lot of the same thing over and over again because, again, that is 'true to life'.

You know thanks to Milka commercials and chocholate some dumb kids who were asked to paint a real Cow painted it purple?

Thats what happens when you make imagination a tad too far ....

Green Garbage trucks are pretty common in my country.... sadly I cannot find any image..... 

Now there is something when you make a sci-fi LEGO theme (like LOTR and so on) and then there is something ENTIRELY different (in my eyes) when you make a presumably far more realistic City theme..... 

There is Galaxy Space, where for all I care all spaceships can be purple or pink! and then there is City Space subtheme that should be far more realistic in colors

Why not make it all pink then..... then others will complain! 

Ps: I bet that car is a joke.... I want to see some actual proof where police uses purple cars lol.... 

Like other people have said, Lego is at its heart a creative toy, and this kid would have no problem getting a few sets to combine or buying spare female minifig parts online. Because of complaints like this, will we have to suffer a future of strictly PC Lego sets?

Sent from my iPod touch using Brickpicker

What I don't get is why people seem to think that this letter is going to change the way Lego thinks about its set design.  They're still going to make everything they're making now and I doubt those particular sets will be changing to different colors.  The only thing this might change is Lego ADDING more to their lines directed at girls.  I can go to my local Target or Walmart and find an shelves full of Lego, but only a handful of sets that have any pink in them.  For those with little girls out there, wouldn't it be nice to have more to choose from for them?