Minifigure Collections & Displays

legoman12323123

Nice armies!  I love seeing big army pics.

Not really into doing it myself, yet, maybe one day I'd like an LotR Orc army.

For now this is the closest I have with a tomahawk warrior collection.  Was going to set up a little display with the 79111 set  as some stage.

bp_1390680292__20130501_195711.jpg

• Like 3

Good lord. how long does it take to set that up?

It took quite a lot of hours. Not really sure as I put each baseplate together over the course of several days and then put it all together for the shots.

How freaking awesome is that setup. Did you win Mos?

I didn't win :(, third maybe? I don't remember. It was a photo contest so they were looking more for pictures of minifigures in Christmas settings. I was going outside the box a bit. But in terms of photography, it wasn't easy to photograph. That setup is pretty large so I couldn't just stand over it and get that perspective. I have won a few other Star Wars contests over there though.

Nice armies! I'm not sure what I like more- stacks of sealed sets or large minifigure armies. Probably sets, but it's close.

Here are some of my troops lined up for the Emperor's Christmas Arrival for a contest on Eurobricks a few years ago.

I think I recall you posting that huge display here before. Still cool.

For now this is the closest I have with a tomahawk warrior collection.  Was going to set up a little display with the 79111 set  as some stage.

bp_1390680292__20130501_195711.jpg

Hey, someone else besides me totally digged the Tomahawk Warrior! :biggrin:

I think I recall you posting that huge display here before. Still cool. Hey, someone else besides me totally digged the Tomahawk Warrior! :biggrin:

I love the last of the Mohican tomahawk warrior as well. Still working on my battle between them and the revolutionary soldiers.

Wow. Compared to some of you guys my collection is pretty tiny. Doesn't matter, I've still got more minifigs than anyone I know. Lol.

I actually don't set out to get more than one of any kind, though if I did, I think plain white stormtroopers would be my first choice. You're not far off from being able to recreate the opening scene of ROTJ when Vader arrives on the 2nd death star. I couldn't even dream of getting to thst level. Although, when I started collecting I didn't think I'd ever fill the display case I made for them. Here's my guys.

Like I said, not a ton of them but I'm proud of them. There's no rhyme or reason to my collection I just get the ones I like from wherever I find them. I don't stress about completing any sets because that behavior is dangerous for me. I actually feel kinda bad for the ones I don't have room for in the case, so I try to give them something important to do in one of the buildings.

post-12071-0-39248700-1391234974_thumb.j

post-12071-0-63753000-1391234997_thumb.j

Good grief, I thought I was an avid minifig collector until I saw this thread.  Turns out I am just average at best.  Lol.

And Mos_Eisley... Holy. Freakin. Crap.  That Christmas picture is out of this world!  It gives me that same feeling I have when I am looking into the Grand Canyon!  :)

• 7 months later...

Hey All - 

About a year ago I posted a picture of my mini figure collection with quite a few expensive figures - well - its gotten bigger! I could go on describing it, but I think its best just to show you all!

I have room for 77 figures. As of now my qualification is any figure $25 or more. - Let me know if you have any suggestions on figures to add!

Take a look at the pic below!

I had the case custom built starting with a case from Etsy, and then having a framing shop build a hinge and glass door for it. Well worth the investment!

Enjoy!

post-11907-0-88657000-1409967367_thumb.j

Edited by beeblet65
  • Like 5