Lego LEGO Shop at Home Damaged boxes

falkenbd

I ordered 4 of the 79105 TNMT Baxter Robot Revenge set.

3 shipped in one box with a polybag and a poster.  A 4th shipped in a box on its own.  

The seperate box arrived completely smashed, torn up, retaped, etc.  It looked like the box was not folded together (you know those strange bottoms of boxes Lego uses) properly when shipped.  

The lego set box was totally smashed up.  It looks like something very heavy landed on top of it.

Anyone ever deal with Lego on a return like this?  I emailed them as it was late and I didn't' feel like calling.  

Please reply with any similar experience from LEgo Shop at Home.

they will offer an exchange if they still have it in stock. or if you have a local lego store, you can exchange it there. if neither works, then they may offer you 20% off or a return for full refund.

That what happened to me one time. I emailed and then I got a call from a Lego rep. Item not in stock. checked local store none had it. I took the 20% off.

Guest TabbyBoy

No matter who you ordered the set from, it won't hurt to call them.  Just give Lego some BS saying that they are presents otherwise they may think you are, God forbid, a reseller.  It may be safer just to take the buggered box on it's own to a store.

send it back and tell them you cant resell it if the box is damaged.

Just tell them that the smashed box will reduce your profit margin so much that it may not even cover your selling fees!

This is A1 advice here folks. Best call up the Lego company and let them know to send you perfect boxes from now on, or face the consequences of returns!  :sarcastic:

Seriously though, you guys are too funny!   :clapping: