Ultra Agents 2014

Some sets are, really, really cool looking. Maybe I will have some for myself.

But to invest... I don't know. The "wow it's futuristic and cool" feeling can be found in some of the Lego the movie sets.

Looking back to what "space police" did (it reminds me this theme), I think this theme will not worth to invest in (except the iconic largest set, 70165). Other sets may be ok for quick flip but that's all. How sad. I hope I'll be wrong.

Some sets are, really, really cool looking. Maybe I will have some for myself.

But to invest... I don't know. The "wow it's futuristic and cool" feeling can be found in some of the Lego the movie sets.

Looking back to what "space police" did (it reminds me this theme), I think this theme will not worth to invest in (except the iconic largest set, 70165). Other sets may be ok for quick flip but that's all. How sad. I hope I'll be wrong.

I do wonder how this line would appreciate compared to the original Agents seeing how at least the first wave of those became worthwhile. The overall style for this new breed of 'men in black' is very flashy with a bit of a Tron-esque decorum. The truck is absolutely astounding even if it is a redesign of the original Mobile Command Center.

8635-1.jpg

Erf, I didn't knew that this theme already existed, I thought it was a new one. :sweat:

The basic concept is roughly the same more or less; just the heroes and villians in particular have changed. The only thing here that carried over from the original Agents over to these Ultra Agents is basically the command truck as I pointed out while everything else is very much new really. You could easily tell the difference between these new guys on the force and the veterans from the prior squad.

• 1 month later...

I hadn't seen these until now. The Inferno one looks really cool. I also like the HQ and Hurricane ones. The rest of the line isn't too interesting to me, but it'd be a nice change of pace from some of the other themes already out. I'll get some of those if only for myself. I'm really diggin the reverse canopy set up and silhouette on that inferno one.

http://www.reddit.com/r/lego/comments/252ve4/ultra_agents_in_toys_r_us_as_well_as_new_ninjago/

This is the second early set release leak report I've seen on the internet so far. I don't believe this is going to be a very good investment, but according to the NY Toy Fair press release guide these aren't supposed to be out until AUGUST. There are 8 listing on ebay right now, 7 from Japan and one US one that looks more than suspicious. Point is, if you're INCREDIBLY lucky, check your local TRU, and you might just have a prime quick flip opportunity right now.

The only ebay listing that has sold from Ultra Agents is the Inferno Interception, which I also honestly think is the best looking set of this theme so far, so if you get lucky and find it this would probably be the one to get. Sold as a BIN @ $98, guide says it's $40 US retail.

Good luck, do tell if y'all find any :D

Reading your message, I though "It will follow the same fate as galaxy squad: a theme that I really love, but for some reasons, not a good investment".

And then, what do I see on your picture ? Shelves with galaxy squad sets side by side with ultra agents sets.

Call that a sign...

I really like the Command HQ truck... but thats it..... :)

Based on sales of the current HQ set, there is money to be made on the new one when purchased at a discount. I just sold a used one that I found in a CL lot for $125 so I will be getting some of the new of the new one (nearer EOL) depending on the price point.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Brickpicker mobile app

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Here are two reviews courtesy of New Elementary. First is Toxikita's Toxic Meltdown followed by Infearno's Interception. Although I still haven't quite figured out how to pronounce Toxikita's name properly, she is one badass babe perfect for a cyberpunk setting and Infearno's red suit finally gives us a chance to create an army of red space marines just like that Space Marines/Space Troopers CUUSOO project which unfortunately failed. Anyway I'm hoping I can find a handful of the Infearno set at a discount just to get that suit plus the parts selection looks fantastic as well.

• 2 weeks later...

I really need some advice on this one:

The HQ Truck... to buy or not to buy that's the question?

I mean I think it's really awesome! But I guess there are just lots of other good Sets (non ultraagent sets) that are safer and even better.

On the other hand it might be that this one comes as suprice later on... did anybody have the same troubles deciding on it?

I really need some advice on this one:

The HQ Truck... to buy or not to buy that's the question?

I mean I think it's really awesome! But I guess there are just lots of other good Sets (non ultraagent sets) that are safer and even better.

On the other hand it might be that this one comes as suprice later on... did anybody have the same troubles deciding on it?

Totally depends on the discount for me.  I think Walmart, here in the US, screwed up the price and sold these for $70.  I would have tried for a Christmas flip at that price and just kept for personal collection if it didn't sell.  I wasn't able to get one though.  I would not buy for investment at retail.