Retiring Soon Label on Legoshop?

• 4 weeks later...

As everyone knows, this is a new feature that LEGO has released. They haven't updated their data/feed yet so we can give up to date and notifications of all sets that have this designation. When and if they do, we will be able to list all the sets that are being "retired soon" on a daily basis. Right now, this is a manual situation. If people notice other sets with this designation, give us a heads up and we will list it.

I wanted to give you the heads up that there are now 24 sets in the retiring soon category on Lego Shop at Home.

I wanted to give you the heads up that there are now 24 sets in the retiring soon category on Lego Shop at Home.

Thanks for the heads-up.

I had a feeling that "Minotaurus" was going to end up on that list before the end of this year. (Surprised it didn't happen sooner or just sold out completely.) Also all of those HEROICA sets (except for this year's "Ilrion" set which has become impossible to find 'in store').

I doubt a nine year old will pay much attention to the "retiring soon" notation, but the thousands of collectors and investors will, so this minor addition to the LEGO set page could be quite productive for LEGO in the long run.

I doubt hyperactive kids will take much notice either, and this 'retiring soon' label will become a new marketing trend that will become very productive and possibly usefull. I think that parents could be the main targets for this label (besides collectors like many of us). If a parent goes to the LEGO site and see the label, they may think "Hey, that's one my kid has been bugging me about, better buy it before they're gone".

LEGO is starting to get a good grasp of the collecting community and are making adjustments to certain marketing strategies to try and capitilize on it, while at the same time keep the focus on their main target market of young children. Price increases across certain items, like polybags, MINIFIGURES, or STAR WARS 'Battle Packs', reflect this.