What Lego set did you sell today and for how much?

• 6 years later...
20 minutes ago, Val-E said:

Nice price on the FW. I would have had a meal out with the proceeds rather than reinvesting in those ones though - they won´t make the same returns.

Nah.  I have more fallingwaters, and by the time is said and done they will bring in 140 to 200% profit.  I think the Tower Bridge will do fine. Even if it doubles, i'll have turned 80 into 450 in a few years time.

• Like 1

3 of my 4 Star Wars Phantoms for $75 CDN each in the last few weeks. Doubled my money on these after only 4 months. Raised the price on the last one by $10.

One Olaf polybag for $20. Paid $5 and will make $15 profit after fees and shipping and shipping credit. Let it go, let it go........

Also sold my only 7848 Toys R Us Truck yesterday for $135 CDN. Paid $45 3 years ago. I was debating whether or not to open this now that my modular/city display is growing. Might have to buy the open and used one from my son's friend now. I can afford a fair used price after selling the new one for 3 times what I paid. 

All Amazon.ca

Edited by jeff_14
  • Like 2

44 minutes ago, kunfuzd said:

Sold my last 6860 Batcave (of 19)... UGH.
Sold my last 10937 Arkham Asylum (of 4) last week... WHEW.

Anybody need 6862 Superman vs Power Armor Lex?
I think I have a gazillion left... LOL...

6862 is going for a decent price now FBA.  I sold too early.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, exciter1 said:

6862 is going for a decent price now FBA.  I sold too early.

we are pretty sure you have reinvested made 3X already ... 

but there are too many listed in amazon over 108.... and i know i haven't listed mine yet :D so its underlying inventory is huge

• Like 1

I capitulated and sold my one of two 10188 sets today.  Local buyer for $620 CAD.  Not a big profit, but my buy in was low and all this talk of the new set being a rehash of 10188 spooked me.  I started off just into building and collecting....but the buying part became fun and addictive due to the hunt for deals lol.  I'm undecided about opening and build my last 10188.  I honestly think the set is mediocre.  

• Like 2

Guest TabbyBoy
58 minutes ago, CNH1974 said:

Finally a 853373 Kingdoms Chess sets for £80. I've been trying to get rid of this for a year. This set has been a disappointment in terms of resaleability. 

Do I buy any of the Pirates chess sets?

Jammy sod! I sold my last 2 Kingdoms Chess sets at a small loss once postage and fees are taken into account. I wish I sold them 2 years ago when they were worth more.

Pirates chess sets? No way for me unless >50% off ;-)

To be honest, I've not paid over half RRP for anything recently.

I got lucky really, and randomly noticed about 12 months ago that the going price on Amazon was like £115, I didn't buy many, think I had 4, but unloaded them all then and there. I have bought 5 Pirate chess sets though just in case a similar trend happens. If it doesn't its one of those things.

I've just done a price check on 40158 Pirates Chess Ebay BIN price is £40-55 but it seems to be a VERY slow seller. So I may give it a miss, plenty of other sets at that price point that are more popular.

Getting back on topic, todays vintage sales are:

6880-1 [Surface Explorer (1982)]     £16
6881-1 [Lunar Rocket Launcher (1984)] £15
6842-1 [Small Space Shuttle Craft (1981)] £5
6824-1 [Space Dart I (1984)]  £9
6844-1 [Sismobile (1983)]       £7

Finally a 853373 Kingdoms Chess sets for £80. I've been trying to get rid of this for a year. This set has been a disappointment in terms of resaleability. 

Do I buy any of the Pirates chess sets?

Me? I wouldn't. That set has been on sale on LEGO Shop at Home for something like 6 months now. It is not moving at all, imo. I'd avoid.
  • Like 4