9468 Vampyre Castle?

With the current TRU sale it is about $100 shipped. Should I wait for a BOGO sale or am I losing the last opportunity to get it below or at MSRP?

Thanks for input.

Get them now or you'll lose out.  You can still get them below $100 on EBay from time-to-time, but those opportunities will end shortly.

I regret not buying two of these when TRU had the BOGO 50% off a few weeks ago.  I settled for this deal (15% off $60) to make sure I got one before I was at the mercy of eBay and Bricklink.

Happy to have this in my personal collection.  I'm waiting to open it in the Fall (with the Haunted House).

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Is $95.61 shipped (tax included) a good price for this set for investing purposes?

Might be the best discount you're going to get on this set at this point.  I really doubt TRU is going to get this low again, and even if they do, I'd still be comfortable at this buy in price.  Do it!

I've been watching the Vampyre Castle the last couple of weeks.  Through the variety of sales and discounts, the price on the VC has been about the same +/- $5 for the last few weeks.

I bought it for $94.99 three weeks ago, because TRU had slashed the price on it.  Right after that sale ended, they put it back to $109.99, but offered 15% discount ($93.49).  I think there was a $15 off $60 ($94.99) and now the $20 off $75 ($89.99).

• Like 1

I've been watching the Vampyre Castle the last couple of weeks.  Through the variety of sales and discounts, the price on the VC has been about the same +/- $5 for the last few weeks.

I bought it for $94.99 three weeks ago, because TRU had slashed the price on it.  Right after that sale ended, they put it back to $109.99, but offered 15% discount ($93.49).  I think there was a $15 off $60 ($94.99) and now the $20 off $75 ($89.99).

Just wrote a blog about it and said the same thing here - price really hasn't been affected or gone down so I still think its a winner.

Just wrote a blog about it and said the same thing here - price really hasn't been affected or gone down so I still think its a winner.

Just wanted to say thanks for that.  It convinced me this wasn't a bad deal.

I think the best deal was two of these off the ebay store combined with two minifigs.  $60 off put it right at your $80 price point before tax.