Shop at Home Store Calendar and offers - February 2014

spener90

There's a story on a Lego news site, citing a forum post on another Lego forum, that the Feb 17 offering will be the Simpsons house.  But, like you guys, I'm thinking it's Metalbeard's Boat.

With the movie premiering two weeks before, it just seems like the perfect time to gear everyone up for the "big" release/set for the movie.

• 2 weeks later...

To date, how many people have been banned from shopping at LEGO Shop at Home. Banned to the point of Never being allowed to come back and buy on it again. What's the next best course of action. Thanks

Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to buy at a B&M Lego store for the remainder of your Lego Exclusive purchasing life. You will assume the identity of John Doe. You have no transaction history, order history, browsing history, or credit history. Essentially you are off the grid. Below the radar. Should you be caught you will be deemed an enemy of the corporate Lego world and prosecuted under grounds of plastic-brick-reselling, a hefty violation of the unwritten Lego code of Purchasing Limits. Your existence will be of no knowledge to owners, members, or onlookers of Brickpicker.com and all sites affiliated with the secondary Lego market. Should you choose to accept, your outline is as follows:

The mission is straight forward: locate your nearest Lego outlet store. Drive to said location. Side note: your choice of clothing is essential to remain inconspicuous. The following attire is standard for this sort of operation: Very tight pink neon pants, bright orange T-shirt, a pair of red stilettos (please don`t ask, we don`t know either....), sunglasses, and an afro wig. Now just as a warning, the afro has been known to over attract the attention of onlookers and store employees, so stick with the previous, minus the wig. 

Arrive at said location. Purchase 1-2 of any desired sets per-transaction. Pay in cash, small denomination bills (optional, but $1`s and $5`s have been known to be more effective at covering your tracks). Thank the employees for all their assistance (even though you didn`t ask for help, and they were too busy helping the little girl and her dad in another section of the store, it is always best to leave on a positive not). Should you desire more then the number of sets purchased in your previous transaction, change your clothes, return to the store under a new auto name, and repeat.

Lastly, enjoy the comfort of having obtained all your desired sets and having safety covered all trace of your existence. Give yourself a pat on the back!  :clapping:  :clapping:  :clapping:  :clapping: 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k55NuWQCh78

End note: Or you could just buy from the clearance isle and save more money/effort :thumbsup:  

• Like 2

I'm in Ca. One day after ordering 4 more 8110, the second or third day , morning was a e-mail from a fellow at LEGO, Sales Support Team Leader. stating that LEGO sells and ships products to end-user consumers only . It went on say that They reserved the right to cqncel or suspend my order for further investigation. Bla, Bla, Bla.

The following day I called and spoke to the fellow that sent the e-mail. We went round and around about me selling on e-bay vintage and retired sets only. he kept on bring up the Crawler 41999, I never told him how many I had acquired or how I acquired them. I removed some newer retired set from e-bay in good faith and he was going to check with some other people, who I don't know, his bosses I guess. There is one female attorney, a real B____! that I had dealt with about two years prior in regards to their inferior shipping boxes, I had talked to LEGO Fulfillment and the Box People about a block or two away from them.  I had every thing documented and presented it to them. They didn't like it, I gave them the suggestion of a piece of tape across the bottom to keep the box firmer. Over stuffing air bags wasn't helping either.

Any way, when I got back to the Sales Support guy, he said Sorry They, whoever they are, were sticking to their decision about me being banned.

The 1st e-mail came off like a Warning, not a final decree. I still pissed, and seeking legal action against them. I was told I/we cannot sell retired set LEGO  Parts, or even invest in LEGO Toys/Sets. They advertise here and other places that sell LEGO sets, and products, they LEGO Shop at Home is even an e-bay sponsor if you scroll down my LEGO listings to the bottom.  I'm not sure who hates me LEGO, LEGO Shop at Home, Toys R US, or just someone at LEGO Shop at Home trying to be a BIG SHOT. Once I find a Class Action Attorney I guess I will find out.

What law do you think LEGO is breaking in refusing to sell to you?

There are so many work-arounds to LEGO bans that it seems like a waste of time and energy to pit whatever lowly attorney you can find to take the case for free (and an additional waste of money if, as I suspect, you're not going to find one willing to bet he's going to be able to take a cut of any proceeds) against their massive corporate legal team.

You can still buy from LEGO Brick and Mortars, you just pay cash and don't tell them who you are. You can still buy from LEGO shop at home if you have few or a few dozen cooperative friends or relatives living nearby who can accept deliveries at their addresses for you (and if you invest in some pre-paid credit cards or have them use theirs after you give them the cash). You can certainly still buy, online and off, from the many other stores that carry LEGO.

LEGO can't stop you from buying and selling LEGO, they can only try (in such a minor way that a motivated eight-year-old could figure out the workarounds) to prevent you from buying from them.

I won't like it if I get banned, either, but at the end of the day it'll be a very minor setback, if that.

I'm in Ca. One day after ordering 4 more 8110, the second or third day , morning was a e-mail from a fellow at LEGO, Sales Support Team Leader. stating that LEGO sells and ships products to end-user consumers only . It went on say that They reserved the right to cqncel or suspend my order for further investigation. Bla, Bla, Bla.

The following day I called and spoke to the fellow that sent the e-mail. We went round and around about me selling on e-bay vintage and retired sets only. he kept on bring up the Crawler 41999, I never told him how many I had acquired or how I acquired them. I removed some newer retired set from e-bay in good faith and he was going to check with some other people, who I don't know, his bosses I guess. There is one female attorney, a real B____! that I had dealt with about two years prior in regards to their inferior shipping boxes, I had talked to LEGO Fulfillment and the Box People about a block or two away from them.  I had every thing documented and presented it to them. They didn't like it, I gave them the suggestion of a piece of tape across the bottom to keep the box firmer. Over stuffing air bags wasn't helping either.

Any way, when I got back to the Sales Support guy, he said Sorry They, whoever they are, were sticking to their decision about me being banned.

The 1st e-mail came off like a Warning, not a final decree. I still pissed, and seeking legal action against them. I was told I/we cannot sell retired set LEGO  Parts, or even invest in LEGO Toys/Sets. They advertise here and other places that sell LEGO sets, and products, they LEGO Shop at Home is even an e-bay sponsor if you scroll down my LEGO listings to the bottom.  I'm not sure who hates me LEGO, LEGO Shop at Home, Toys R US, or just someone at LEGO Shop at Home trying to be a BIG SHOT. Once I find a Class Action Attorney I guess I will find out.

If you just got the warning email you should still be able to order, you just need to be extra careful. 4x 8110 is a huge no no - in the eyes of Lego, not me- but there are many ways around it.. Look up DNIIM's post regarding his warning letter

On another note...I think its interesting that the sea cow is available for vip members till the end of febuary (if that's what it is). Then come march 1st it's said to be 2x vip month. Worth the gamble?

. Do you get VIP points if place a order in march but it doesn't ship until April or later?

Sent from my iPad using Brickpicker

I don't "get" this banning philosophy.   If they want to limit a quantity of an item purchased by an individiual, can't they impliment a hard-limit on their ordering site?  I thought they already utitize that.   Some new or exclusive sets I'm pretty sure I've seen "Limited to 2 per household" (or something to that effect) on the LEGO Shop at Home site. 

I don't see why they have to follow-up and harass customers after a purchase.

LEGO does not like buyers that resell there product or investors of the toys as well, The Danish are a very stubborn people. If a Company personal kept on telling you that YOU ARE  BANNED and YOU ARE A RESELLER and CANNOT BUY ANYMORE!!! And you hit this person as hard as you could in the head and this person was unconscious for a week, when they woke up, the 1st thing they say is.............YOU ARE BANNED and YOU ARE A RESELLER and CANNOT BUY ANYMORE!!!

Please don't get me wrong I Love the Danish! I dislike the LEGO folks attitude.

• 3 weeks later...