10178 - UCS: Motorized Walking AT-AT

redghostx

Hi,

I recall reading speculation of an update of this set and I am considering buying a used one, mostly to rebuild and display but I wanted some feedback on if the set is as impressive as it looks in photos. 

It seems that some remakes/updates affect prices of older sets and some don't, so any insight into that would help my decision making process (I certainly don't need to display both if a new one is released).

Thanks!

Edit - **I am surprised that there is no topic for this set**

• Like 1

I am in the middle of building one at the moment to see if it is complete. I built one last year, that was not quite complete and it still looked good. This one is looking to be 99-100% complete so far, only missing 3 1x3 plates.

I hope to list mine on eBay within the next week.

I too am surprised that there really isn't much discussion on the UCS AT-AT on the internet in general, in my opinion it's the best one lego has made so far. Anyways I myself don't have an AT-At, but from what I have heard on the internet is that it's pretty big and detailed (specifically this version) and in my opinion I would say try to find one at a decent price (<$200). It's a really cool set if you ask me. 

I too am surprised that there really isn't much discussion on the UCS AT-AT on the internet in general, in my opinion it's the best one lego has made so far. Anyways I myself don't have an AT-At, but from what I have heard on the internet is that it's pretty big and detailed (specifically this version) and in my opinion I would say try to find one at a decent price (<$200). It's a really cool set if you ask me.

There isn't a UCS AT-AT. 10178 is just a system scale set.

• 6 months later...

Are the minifigs in this set unique at all or exclusive to this set? Grabbed a never been built one on Craigslist for 50 but it had no figs.

Probably going to keep it anyway but the completionist in me feels the need to complete the set. Have a million snow troopers but the Luke, Veers and AT-AT Driver I don't think I have unless they appear in multiple sets.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Brickpicker mobile app

General Veers and the AT-AT Driver are unique to this set.

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker

Aren't they both in 8084? I have that set as well and don't recall the figs looking any different. BTW, I have some 8084s that I could be persuaded to part with.  ;)

Aren't they both in 8084? I have that set as well and don't recall the figs looking any different. BTW, I have some 8084s that I could be persuaded to part with. ;)

Veers have a reversible head in 8084? Fairly certain he's got shades on in 10178.

Maybe interested in those 8084s though.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Brickpicker mobile app

• 1 month later...

I'm planning on selling my used motorized at-at this December. I think all the pieces are there but I can't be sure as the at-AT is taken apart, but, not in individual pieces. So should I sell out as 99.9-100% complete and show the pictures of the printed pieces? Should I take apart every individual piece? I have the minifigs, instructions, and the box. Is it even worth selling the box or its that just going to be a pain to ship when I can easily fit everything in a much smaller box? I've never sold a used set before and any advice would be appreciated!

Sent from my LG-D801 using Brickpicker mobile app

I'd advice you to be sure that no parts are missing.

I wouldn't sell (nor buy) anything that says 99%-100% complete (even if you state that no significant pieces could probably be amiss).

Putting it together always is good for picture taking, when I buy something on ebay for myself though I usually prefer it if it's all in the original box and not already build.

But I don't know if that really has a big impact on selling the item as there will also be people who prefer it the other way around (only weird strange people!!! ;-) )

100% complete structures and minifigures you can put.

I also advise building it and taking pictures. You'll get more money. A picture of the set complete will attract more Lego novices that thinks it looks cool instead of having Lego Set nr XXXX for sale and a picture of a lot of gray pieces.

Yeah but you can probably just take a picture from the internet... I mean is it really important that you take the picture yourself?

Costs more time and if you're not good the pictures often look crappy enough to frighten potential buyer away ^.^

Ah bah!! Of course you need to take the picture yourself. It's second hand, you can't just put a stock pic on it. All my pictures look crappy, but I have relative good succes in second hand market compared to people that use stock pics or no pics at all.

Edited by Neosphinx

I don't buy anything on eBay unless I see a pic of what I'm actually buying. Put it together, take your pictures, take it apart. Put the pieces in zip lock bags. I shipped mine in a LEGO Shop at Home box that my sons Benny's Spaceship came in. Having the box will give you an extra 10-15% for this set.

Edited by Migration