Selling old LEGO catalogues

mightymo

I found this forum by chance. I was searching for info about original LEGO catalogues. I own an old collection spanning from 1980 until 2003 and was wondering if there's a market for them? Do these get traded the same way as LEGO instructions? I'm located in Belgium and would appreciate any advice (or interest) other forum members might have. Many thanks!

D4VUxzv.jpg

hKEdvxr.jpg

0xT25pu.jpg

zZ2eZD6.jpg

E0xDuya.jpg

PdW60RU.jpg

I found this forum by chance. I was searching for info about original LEGO catalogues. I own an old collection spanning from 1980 until 2003 and was wondering if there's a market for them? Do these get traded the same way as LEGO instructions? I'm located in Belgium and would appreciate any advice (or interest) other forum members might have. Many thanks!

Generally speaking most catalogs from this time period are not that rare.  If the collection is actually compete in spanning the years 1980-2003 you probably could get a premium because of that.  Out of curiosity what countries are your catalogs from?  From the pictures you posted it looks like two German an Overseas catalog, and a 1982 catalog that I cannot tell what country it is from.  If you need help identifying any of them feel free to PM me.

Pretty cool that you have these old catalogs........wasn't aware there was in interest in collecting these or instructions. Not really any talk of it here in the forums except a few questions here and there about what missing instructions does to the value of a used set.

Instructions become collectable when it is hard to find the LEGO set itself. ;)  And LEGO catalog collecting does have a small, but loyal following.  Like anything rarity is always the key.

I have acquired quite a few old catalogs from bulk lots and I am selling them in the 'slow' month after christmas.

I have noticed there is a demand for 80s and early 90s catalogs but not really for the late 90s onwards.

I have this listed http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/291050820577?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1558.l2649

It already has 4 watchers.

I sold 4 80s catalogs to Italy last week. They don't go for much,