Sears Canada = Nice Deals! Friends, Ninjago, SW!

Veegs

Hi fellow Canucks,

As of this morning and for the rest of the week sears.ca has some pretty sweet deals on some sets that are listed as 'sold out' on the S&**** website and are likely retired.  Several of these sets are selling for more (in some cases quite a bit more) on ebay and amazon.com, which makes them about as low risk as can be for an investor.  Add up your sets to $100 and apply the coupon code 941612305 to get another $10 off, which brings some of these sale prices to around 40% off.

Use your sears store card to pick up extra sears points, or another reward card in your wallet.  Make sure to use ****** or another promotional offer to get another 1-2% back.  For any serious investor, the extra few percents here and there add up!

Here is what I am targeting - no suprise I'm big on the old 4 number sets as they are/should be retired shortly.

Samurai Mech 9448 - 30% off plus coupon on 3.  Sold out at S&****.  Ninjago is being rebooted for another season, old sets rejoice!

Lasha's Bite Cycle 9447 - 25% off plus coupon on 5.  Sold out at S&****, amazon.com has these at $35

Olivia's Tree House 3065 - 25% off plus coupon on 6.  Amazon & Chowren toys have this at $45!  Best buy of the lot, to me.

Plenty more - two SW battle packs that are selling for around $20 on other places for $10-12, Rancor Pit at a solid Canadian price, three other Friends sets that should make some money long term...I really don't see how a Canadian investor can't find something that tickles their fancy, and if you are also a collector/builder, you probably won't get much better than some of these discounts north of the border. 

Remember when you get your sets that the huge sticker they sometimes put on the front easily comes off.  Don't panic like I did the first time I ordered from Sears and had it shipped to store (to save on shipping costs, especially if you are going to place multiple $100 orders like I am).  Also, by shipping to store, if the sets are in really bad shape, you are already there to return it!

Enjoy!

• Like 1

That promotion isn't visible online, but in physical stores, you can find a bunch of toys on clearance under "Buy one, get one free" signs.

The selection is very limited but I have seen sets from the Friends theme and a couple Chima. The base price is equal to the CAD retail price, so it's really a ~35% discount compared to the U.S. retail price.

Guest eightbrick

Good stuff! How do you find those promotional codes for Sears?

I usually use retailmenot.com

Or search sears promo codes...I think bargain moose is another site that updates promo codes regularly.  I always check these sites before buying anything online just in case I can score an extra 10% off or something.

That promotion isn't visible online, but in physical stores, you can find a bunch of toys on clearance under "Buy one, get one free" signs.

The selection is very limited but I have seen sets from the Friends theme and a couple Chima. The base price is equal to the CAD retail price, so it's really a ~35% discount compared to the U.S. retail price.

This was posted in their Boxing Day flyer.  I cleaned out all non-Chima sets at Sears locations in Windsor, ON and London, ON.  Last time I checked, they mostly had Gorzan's Gorilla Striker at my locations.  Might still be some deals out there!

I usually use retailmenot.com

Or search sears promo codes...I think bargain moose is another site that updates promo codes regularly.  I always check these sites before buying anything online just in case I can score an extra 10% off or something.

Excellent! Tip of the day right there! Thanks

[...] Last time I checked, they mostly had Gorzan's Gorilla Striker at my locations.  Might still be some deals out there!

I dropped by a Sears just yesterday and there were still ~$700 (CAD retail) worth of Lego under the "Buy one, get one free" promotion, so it's worth a look if you are passing by. It was all from the Friends theme except for Gorzan's Gorillas.

Also note that Gorzan's Gorilla is underpriced on Brickpicker, the value appears to include a bunch of Ebay listing for minifigs!

I dropped by a Sears just yesterday and there were still ~$700 (CAD retail) worth of Lego under the "Buy one, get one free" promotion, so it's worth a look if you are passing by. It was all from the Friends theme except for Gorzan's Gorillas.

Also note that Gorzan's Gorilla is underpriced on Brickpicker, the value appears to include a bunch of Ebay listing for minifigs!

I wish I had more Friends sets at mine - I bought every set I could find.  Where are you located?

I wish I had more Friends sets at mine - I bought every set I could find.  Where are you located?

I'm from Montreal, that Sears was located west outside the city. A different Sears near Quebec City was all out of Lego yesterday (although the promotion there was now 60% when buying 3 toys or more!).